1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing Bitter Root and Infusion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Event Horizon, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

I think a good way to balance the Bitter Root is to change it to +10% but only add it to base health, not the health added by infusion. Then, add a cap on infusion: 200 hp * level * infusionItemCount

At level 25 with 5 infusion (an average infusion amount at that level), you have a max HP limit from infusion of 200 hp * 25 L * 5 I = 25,000 health. Still a lot of health, but nowhere near the crazy amount people are getting now in late game.

Treadlight likes this.
    • Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I don't see why you would need to nerf anything in this game unless it completely breaks the game, more health doesn't need to be nerfed, stronger hitting enemies just need to be spawned as the further cycles continue.

• Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

Maybe a new class of mobs past elite, with more health, more damage, and more specials.

Also including bosses that do % health as damage wouldn't be bad either.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

All items from the same tier need to be around the same level of usefulness. Otherwise, people will end up requiring to get a certain item to survive past a point. It used to be that the game seemed to require you to obtain at least one Infusion, as opposed to other items in the same tier. You can't pick what item you get from a chest, and you don't pick what the triple-capsules all contain.