1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

[Bandit] Alter Dynamite Toss trajectory with Up and Down

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by betasword, Jun 6, 2013.

1. betasword

betasword Void-Bound Voyager

Simple as that. Allow the Bandit to do the Dynamite Toss either in a more upward arc, or downward arc, depending on if the up or down buttons are being pressed at the same time as the toss.

I mainly suggest this as I've had a couple occasions where I'll be on a platform above some enemies, and want to hit them, but am unable to with the regular shots due to the enemy's size. Tossing dynamite is also out the the picture, as it arcs too far out to be usable for enemies near beneath you. So being able to effectively aim the dynamite would be incredibly helpful, and allow more tactical decisions!

Shrooblord and Treadlight like this.
    • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I feel like the Bandit's momentum should affect the dynamite's trajectory and speed. It feels very awkward to jump up and throw dynamite to see it just plop forwards.

Shrooblord and GERCharon like this.
      • Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

This! I know this feeling. This would be the best solution IMO, but it could be difficult to implement realistically. Perhaps it simply has a higher arc if the character is moving up, and a lower arc if they are falling?