NPC Bard NPC type

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Maxdamage A.F, Aug 23, 2015.

?

3a or 3b?

1. 3a

2. 3b

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maxdamage A.F

Maxdamage A.F Void-Bound Voyager

I had the idea after reading the new Unstable patch notes, if you can hire Guards to protect the place, Could they add in a Bard NPC?
    the way it would work:

1. Make a nice cozy room for the NPC to live in, and add in a NPC thingy ( to attract the tirent? )
    2. Give them a Instrument, ( or they come with them all by Default? )

then it branches into 2 things:

3a. You Interact with the NPC, and tell it what song to play, VIA the songs in your music folder ( the ABC file ones )
    you can also add them to a band! so other NPCs and even Yourself can be added to the song!!
    A cool UI thing gives you options on: How often he plays, What triggers him to start playing, Does he Repeat, If so how long between Playing the song again.
    BUT!! if you wanna take it a step feather ( Optional realy ) you can give the bard a LIST of songs to play! at random, in order or on request!

3b. the bard Randomly plays songs that he is programmed with, you can interact with him to Request a song using pixels, or give him a music script to play ( from your ABC files ) All with a cost of pixels of course...

I personally prefer 3a over 3b, but i can understand 3b is a lot easier to do
    if somebody had this idea already... didn't see it, but i got the idea from a video i saw in Modded Minecraft

Never and Solzucht like this.
  2. Jedi65

Jedi65 Void-Bound Voyager

I actually came to post a similar idea. Maybe some sort of stage prop that dispensed an item (like a contract or something) that would let you recruit civilians into a band. From there you could give them instruments, with them maybe spawning with their gender's "singing voice" by default. I feel like it just adds more options as to what you can do with your citizens.

3. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I love the suggestion of having a NPC which could randomly play an assigned song while they live in your village(or even procedurally generated NPC villages). It would add another layer of atmosphere to villages I think!

Solzucht likes this.