1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

2. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein updated Base In A Box with a new update entry:

Tanks a lot

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

The wiring of a base I scanned doesn't seem to get restored in the copy. There are no errors in the starbound.log.
    Is this expected or might one of the other mods I'm using be mucking it up? I've also noticed that a hidden field marker block is replaced by the 'facade' on the copy.

4. Pilchenstein

I've updated the known issues to reflect this (it should have been on there really) but it's currently not possible to make wiring connections via the mod API so wiring isn't copied.

Katorone likes this.
  5. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Thanks for the reply. I'm enjoying this mod a lot regardless. :)

Pilchenstein likes this.
  6. Schitzoflink

Schitzoflink Void-Bound Voyager

7. Pilchenstein

8. Schitzoflink

Schitzoflink Void-Bound Voyager

I cleaned everything out and started again and it works just fine now :)

Pilchenstein likes this.
  9. temakixai

temakixai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'm struggling to get the building I copied to actually deploy, it just makes like 2 blocks high of glass that stops I think 1 or 2 blocks short of the length, and then won't do anything else
    But I guess it's not good that what I scanned is a 357 blocks long by 82 blocks high X3

I basally came to find this mod because it was literally exactly what I was hoping for; because I really like how all the space stations look, and loved the idea of making my own, but then realized it'd probably take me months to build an entire station that looks half as amazing as the ones you find floating about. so I tried to copy the entire thing and paste it to the one I made :rofl:
    but, having a hard time getting it to work

10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

When you placed it and it failed, it almost certainly made a log entry at that point. Recreate the event, exit, and copy the log here. Please use the insert/code button then paste the log.

edit:
    It occurs to me that vanilla space station "worlds" - assuming that's where you tried this since you're talking about stations - are very limited with respect to max size. They are 1650 x 500 tiles exactly. The base printer modules will fail if the target areas hits the very bottom or the very top of the "world". If you want a more generous world size to build a giant station,
    Start with my mod here. You'll want to start a new station after installing that, so just
    Code:
    /admin
    /spawnitem stationtransponder 1
    /admin

Alternatively - which requires no mods - you can do something cooler like spawning the station in an asteroid field.
    Code:
    /admin
    /placedungeon playerstation
    /admin

The asteroid fields are already 16000 x 7000 tiles without any mods. Asteroids are cooler than empty space anyhow.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Pilchenstein likes this.
  11. temakixai

Wow that is very interesting to know! I'll write those down!
    I can still try to give you some log files if you need them but a little update, this morning I booted up the game and I was still where I was trying to spawn the station so I jsut pressed the button again, and the glass started filling up more than it was last night so I left it for a while and boom it worked. Just missing almost all of the furnature and there was ONE corner at the top entryway that was empty so I filled it in by hand, and now will just have to decorate and rewire the station

However I've been playing for the last couple hours so I don't know if there'll be any applicable log file for it any more

12. Pilchenstein

The printers don't work in space (well, most space - they should work on your ship). I think it's something to do with the world coordinates using a different system to planet surfaces but I haven't had time to really look into it.

13. temakixai

I can definitely imagine that! It's totally fine. I at least managed to get it to spawn the station. I just didn't want ot have to spend a qwhole month trying to make a station that looks as profound as the ones in the game already.

Just yeah, the details are that it didn't copy any furniture over at all including light, rail platforms, wiring items ect. Hope that helps.

14. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there a more survival oritented version of this mod? One that either makes bases cost materials or pixels?

15. Pilchenstein

Not really no. If I even tried to do that I can guarantee I'd never find a cost that was balanced enough for everyone. You can just go into the folder and edit the recipes yourself though, they're in plain text. :V

16. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

They could make a rebalance patch for this mod and upload it for like minded people as far as that goes.

I suppose one way to do it is to simply cost everything the output has as the recipe. Although that really would be easier to calculate via script.

Pilchenstein likes this.
  17. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay... At least I find the problem...
    Hey Pilch, good morning (or night, or afternoon, who cares?), after bilions of tests and an exaustive experience, I discover what's the problem with the mod on my Starbound... Look out:

Works.jpg
    I'm trying to scan the whole level of my garden station, and, that block was not painted, and works...

Not works.jpg
    When I painted the block, puff, suddenly the game takes a little, cute and amazing fatal error, with that on the log:

[01:22:04.071] [Error] Fatal Error: Access violation detected at 000CB729 (Read of address FFFFFFF8)
    [0] 17a92a Star::captureStack
    [1] 17ab62 Star::fatalError
    [2] 176492 Star::SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline
    [3] cb9ed Star::Variant<Star::Empty,double,bool,__int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::String const >,std::shared_ptr<Star::List<Star::Json,std::allocator<Star::Json> > const >,std::shared_ptr<Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,Star::Json,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,Star::Json> > > > const > >::doCall<<lambda_3088add77a4e49b3d27c6305cc219bec>,__int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::String const >,std::shared_ptr<Star::List<Star::Json,std::allocator<Star::Json> > const >,std::shared_ptr<Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<Star::String,Star::Json,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String>,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,Star::Json> > > > const > >
    [4] 157996 Star::RandomAccessListMixin<Star::ListMixin<std::vector<Star::Json,std::allocator<Star::Json> > > >::set
    [5] 15893c Star::LuaDetail::tableToJsonContainer
    [6] 15957e Star::LuaConverter<Star::Json>::to
    [7] 14c065 Star::luaMaybeTo<Star::Json>
    [8] 1508a8 <lambda_a11cc89d09b77a2042005dacc45d3231>::eek:perator()
    [9] 1513b2 <lambda_d1b67d8508c0e4d84fd1a72a01c273a0>::eek:perator()
    [10] 151ed7 std::_Func_impl<<lambda_d1b67d8508c0e4d84fd1a72a01c273a0>,std::allocator<int>,bool,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >::_Do_call
    [11] 1517ac std::_Func_class<bool,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >::eek:perator()
    [12] 15837e Star::LuaEngine::tableIterate
    [13] 1588a7 Star::LuaDetail::tableToJsonContainer
    [14] 15957e Star::LuaConverter<Star::Json>::to
    [15] 14c065 Star::luaMaybeTo<Star::Json>
    [16] 1508a8 <lambda_a11cc89d09b77a2042005dacc45d3231>::eek:perator()
    [17] 1513b2 <lambda_d1b67d8508c0e4d84fd1a72a01c273a0>::eek:perator()
    [18] 151ed7 std::_Func_impl<<lambda_d1b67d8508c0e4d84fd1a72a01c273a0>,std::allocator<int>,bool,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >::_Do_call
    [19] 1517ac std::_Func_class<bool,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >::eek:perator()
    [20] 15837e Star::LuaEngine::tableIterate
    [21] 1588a7 Star::LuaDetail::tableToJsonContainer
    [22] 15957e Star::LuaConverter<Star::Json>::to
    [23] 14c065 Star::luaMaybeTo<Star::Json>
    [24] 1508a8 <lambda_a11cc89d09b77a2042005dacc45d3231>::eek:perator()
    [25] 1513b2 <lambda_d1b67d8508c0e4d84fd1a72a01c273a0>::eek:perator()
    [26] 151ed7 std::_Func_impl<<lambda_d1b67d8508c0e4d84fd1a72a01c273a0>,std::allocator<int>,bool,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >::_Do_call
    [27] 1517ac std::_Func_class<bool,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> >::eek:perator()
    [28] 15837e Star::LuaEngine::tableIterate
    [29] 1588a7 Star::LuaDetail::tableToJsonContainer
    [30] 15957e Star::LuaConverter<Star::Json>::to
    [31] 14c065 Star::luaMaybeTo<Star::Json>
    [32] 14c64a Star::luaTo<Star::Json>
    [33] 30d918 Star::LuaDetail::ArgGet<Star::Json>::get
    [34] 74a046 <lambda_e6819cc19c24114dd3d18fa2e4e5eeea>::eek:perator()
    [35] 71c6b3 std::_Invoker_functor::_Call<<lambda_e6819cc19c24114dd3d18fa2e4e5eeea> &,Star::LuaEngine &,unsigned int,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> *>
    [36] 72e22f std::invoke<<lambda_e6819cc19c24114dd3d18fa2e4e5eeea> &,Star::LuaEngine &,unsigned int,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> *>
    [37] 723ea8 std::_Invoke_ret<Star::Variant<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> > >,<lambda_e6819cc19c24114dd3d18fa2e4e5eeea> &,Star::LuaEngine &,unsigned int,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> *>
    [38] 74da43 std::_Func_impl<<lambda_e6819cc19c24114dd3d18fa2e4e5eeea>,std::allocator<int>,Star::Variant<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> > >,Star::LuaEngine &,unsigned int,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> *>::_Do_call
    [39] 151755 std::_Func_class<Star::Variant<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,Star::LuaVariadic<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> > >,Star::LuaEngine &,unsigned int,Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData> *>::eek:perator()
    [40] 150c29 <lambda_b564807823adc1bcd26439109b19709d>::eek:perator()
    [41] 1493ed <lambda_b564807823adc1bcd26439109b19709d>::<lambda_invoker_cdecl>
    [42] edbce luaD_precall
    [43] 103506 luaV_execute
    [44] ed7d8 luaD_call
    [45] e56d5 f_call
    [46] eddc0 luaD_rawrunprotected
    [47] ed957 luaD_pcall
    [48] e60f9 lua_pcallk
    [49] 156fe7 Star::LuaEngine::pcallWithTraceback
    [50] 2dfff4 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<float>
    [51] 2e3457 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [52] 2e335f Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [53] 2ec50e Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaWorldComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent> >::update<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [54] 3ad79c Star::Object::update
    [55] 622572 <lambda_551801e25f152950b139d828dd0c3b6c>::eek:perator()
    [56] 28da44 Star::EntityMap::updateAllEntities
    [57] 63d595 Star::WorldServer::update
    [58] 642fd4 Star::WorldServerThread::update
    [59] 6429da Star::WorldServerThread::run
    [60] 17786c Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [61] 77b30419 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [62] 77cc662d RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
    [63] 77cc65fd RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

What, the things aren't so so weird yet? C'mon, look that other god damn thing:

You remember when I talked about the scan without paint the block works? Yeah, it works, and I deploy the building in other place, because... Well... I'm okay without the paint... But when i tried to scan the building I deploy, it simply don't works! Yeah, when I deploy a building I cannot scan that building again, and heres the log:

[01:17:13.924] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/basestorage/miab_basestore_reader.lu..."]:90: [string "/scripts/basestorage/miab_basestore_blueprint..."]:329: attempt to compare number with nil
    stack traceback:
    [string "/scripts/basestorage/miab_basestore_blueprint..."]:329: in field 'setObject'
    [string "/scripts/basestorage/miab_basestore_reader.lu..."]:266: in function <[string "/scripts/basestorage/miab_basestore_reader.lu..."]:147>
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in function '_ENV.assert'
    [string "/scripts/basestorage/miab_basestore_reader.lu..."]:90: in global 'readModule'
    [string "/objects/basestorage/miab_basestore_scanner/m..."]:135: in function <[string "/objects/basestorage/miab_basestore_scanner/m..."]:125>
    [0] 17a92a Star::captureStack
    [1] 179848 Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 14ebf5 Star::LuaException::LuaException
    [3] 155eb9 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
    [4] 2e0008 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<float>
    [5] 2e3457 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [6] 2e335f Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [7] 2ec50e Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaWorldComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent> >::update<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [8] 3ad79c Star::Object::update
    [9] 622572 <lambda_551801e25f152950b139d828dd0c3b6c>::eek:perator()
    [10] 28da44 Star::EntityMap::updateAllEntities
    [11] 63d595 Star::WorldServer::update
    [12] 642fd4 Star::WorldServerThread::update
    [13] 6429da Star::WorldServerThread::run
    [14] 17786c Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [15] 77b30419 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [16] 77cc662d RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
    [17] 77cc65fd RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

Oh, a funny thing, when that thing happens, the console (that little computer) don't works too, and became stucked on the 'ready to scan' screen, and remains with the active sprite, even when i cut the connections... And when I break that stucked console, it just disappear!

Please, Piltch, I really appreciate your work, and your mods, and I really, really wants to use the Base in a Box, can you help me?

18. Pilchenstein

Can you stick those logs on pastebin please? They're a bit hard to read with the forum turning bits into emotes.

AlphaDrako likes this.
  19. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

https://pastebin.com/fK0FpBT6 The fatal error when i painted the block
    https://pastebin.com/pyG6TBg8 The error when i tried scan a deployed building

I don't know exactly how to use the pastebin, but i'm pretty sure is like that e.e
    If you need, I could also print the log, or something like that =)

20. Pilchenstein

I don't know what's causing the crash when you paint that block but I don't think it's related to my mod, unless you have reason to believe otherwise. As far as the other issue goes, is this on unstable or the main branch? Also are you using a modified version of the mod? The error is supposedly occuring on line 329 in the "SetObject" function but that line isn't in that function.