1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

I suspect the current build has some tweaking to spawning lists needed as I have found only a few Bees! with my current set up also. Keep hunting is all I can advise.

2. renbear

renbear Cosmic Narwhal

I'm having no problems finding bees (forest, flower and honey) in my starter planet. Unfortunately, I'm not getting anything from the apiary, no matter how long I wait. Are the slots specific? I mean, do I have to have the right thing in the right input slot? I've got a frame, a honey queen, and a honey drone, in that order, I think.

This is the Frackin Universe mod, so there might be some compatibility issues. I'm not expecting any bug analysis, since it might just be PEBKAC.

3. riganz

riganz Void-Bound Voyager

dumb question: is this the same included in Fracking universe?
    i seem to be having some problems:
    1.- after finding bees on a planet i cant do anything but kill em, i cant catch them.
    2.- i placed the apiary near a lot of flowers but nothing happens
    3.- i placed combs on the industrial centrifugue, placed the jarring machine next to the centrifugue with bottles, and the centrifugue animation starts but the extraction never happens.

4. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

This is the Bees! mod included in FU, yes, but the most recently updated version is currently ahead of what you'll find in FU. If you want FU, you'll have to download that mod instead of this one, since having Bees! too will cause conflicts. However, if you want the most recent things Bees! can do, you'll have to download this mod and leave behind FU (or wait until FU updates to include all the new stuff).

I'm not sure what you mean by the first one--do you mean you can't catch bees on certain planets? Because if you're getting combs, you must have gotten some bees somehow. More details would probably be necessary.

As for Number 2, you're possibly mixing incompatible bee types. In order to get honey, you either need to use both a Queen and as many Drones as possible (though one will work, and they'll produce more) which are the same species, OR they have to be able to crossbreed. (The list on the main modpage will tell you which bee species can crossbreed.) It's also possible it's the wrong time of day. Most bees will only produce during the day; Nocturnal Bees only operate at night.

As for the third, not all honeycombs produce Honey Jars. I made a list over in the FU thread which explains most of the species and details which combs produce jars and which don't.

5. riganz

riganz Void-Bound Voyager

the first one, i mean that i cant actually catch bees, i can find them, they attack me, and if i use my catching net i cant catch them, i just get the hitting animation but i dont catch them, the honey combs i got em from some sort of honey biome, where i find this bees as well and also killing bees give me honeycombs but they dont seem to work with the centrifuge.

6. renbear

renbear Cosmic Narwhal

They... attack you? Are you talking about monsters? Bees appear as the tiny bugs that fly around, the ones you catch with the bug net. Most of the bugs are just bugs, but some will be bees. Catch everything tiny you see flying around. There should have been some on your starter planet, but I can't be sure.

I mean, *theoretically* bees attack, that's what the bee suit is for, but I think that's much later in the beekeeping progression.

7. Freezair

Could you screenshot the honeycombs you're talking about?

8. Jiro32

Jiro32 Space Spelunker

hey question can you build a bees farm on your ship ??

9. Dentatus

Dentatus Void-Bound Voyager

Yes.
    Personally I have the Avali aeroponics tubes keeping a small flower patch running in a cargo bay and a half dozen apiaries ticking over quietly back there. No need for watering then, though there are other ways to handle that issue also. (Gardenbots, Irrigator, etc)

10. Jiro32

Jiro32 Space Spelunker

wow okay definitely will try it thanks for confirming it :up:

11. pepofaec

pepofaec Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here @.@ I can't breed bees? I have the smaller apiary that I'm working with and I've tried using only two slots with the suggested breeding subjects and the bee swarm graphics stop when I do that? I tried using all three slots by putting the same drone as the queen and a different drone below it and that doesn't work. Am I missing something?

12. crazygreggy

The small Apiary takes ONE queen, one or more drones and one frame.

13. pepofaec

pepofaec Void-Bound Voyager

And that'll breed the different types of bees? Still really lost on this @.@
    Should I use the large apiary to get the different kinds or stick with the smaller?

14. crazygreggy

OK both should do it. The larger one just gives you an extra frame slot really. Make sure you know which bee's will combine to make a new variety as some combos do nothing. The three earliest bee types to aim for are Hardy(normal/forest cross), Adaptive(Arctic/Volcanic - which I grant you requires you to have progressed to the point where you have the Heat protection tech) and Exceptional(Hardy/Adaptive). Really, you need to get a fair way into the main game before Bee's really kicks off.

15. Seredence

Seredence Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some trouble, I am stuck on a quest. I am stuck on the Flowers Quest. It wants me to make a small garden of flowers around the apiary which i did but the quest is not completing??

16. crazygreggy

I take it you're using Frackin' Universe. Direct your question there.

17. renbear

renbear Cosmic Narwhal

If you're using FU (and yes, you should be asking there) the quest is looking for some red flower seeds. Go harvest some red flowers, and the quest should complete.

18. carson3003

carson3003 Phantasmal Quasar

How exactly do I breed bees?

19. Freezair

You put a queen and a drone of a compatible species together in an apiary. The front page provides a list of which species are compatible to breed what. And which is which doesn't matter--a Snowy Queen and a Volcanic Drone will give the same results (Adaptive Bees) as a Volcanic Queen and a Snowy Drone. Drones will spawn in the item output slots in the apiary, but queens fly free and need to be caught with a bug net.

crazygreggy likes this.
  20. DDrazard

DDrazard Starship Captain

Don't worry if the drone doesn't get pretty productive or does not produce what you wish in this process : it is normal : even in real life you don't expect to produce while breeding... erm maybe a little but not much.