Boss Big Baddie on planets

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

It would be cool if there was a large boss creature on some planets. It would never appear on Lush or Barren planets, and the chances of there being one would increase with the tier. This boss monster would be pretty big, would not respawn, and may or may not pursue you within a certain range. It would certainly aggro on you when attacked. It would make unmistakably distinct noises that let you know it's there. The boss monster would drop some phat lewt when killed, including rare blocks, ores and high-quality weapons, along with a chance to drop an item specific to that monster (weapon, vanity piece/set, etc.). Also, there should be a way to defeat the Erchius Ghost, which would drop the diamond-shaped Erchius crystal block, along with maybe some kind of vampiric Erchius weapon. The Ghost should still be deathly powerful, and killable only with a certain weapon, maybe obtained from Treasured Trophies and a reference to Ghostbusters.

Call me Floran, but I enjoy high-stakes big game hunting. Also, I want a way to get the diamond-shaped crystal blocks. I loved using those before they were disabled.:nuruneutral:

2. Schitzoflink

Schitzoflink Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea, maybe have them drop crafting mats like the PGI that you need to collect to make some other endgame armors/weapons.