1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Resolved Black/Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Support' started by Voices113, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Voices113

Voices113 Space Hobo

Hi!

First of all I want to say I've been following this game for a while now and it looks amazing! So, I finally decided to get it through Steam.

Here's my issue. When I run the game (either DirecX 11 or OpenGL) I get a black screen with the sound of what I assume is the intro, and after that it turns to a blue(ish) screen. If I press the keyboard arrow keys I can hear the sounds of something moving on a menu, but the screen remains blue whatever I do.

Here are my (less than impressive) specs:
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: Radeon HD 5450

So, if anyone could help me troubleshoot this or confirm that my PC's specs are the problem, I'd be extremely thankful.

Thanks!

• Voices113

Voices113 Space Hobo

OK, so, I kinda, sorta solved this (or found a workaround anyway).

Since my desktop wasn't running the game properly I tried my laptop. And it worked. So here's what I've learnt about all this.

Desktop Specs:
      CPU: AMD Athlon X2 250 (x 64)
      RAM: 4 GB
      GPU: Radeon HD 5450

Laptop Specs:
      CPU: Intel Quad-Core Pentium N3540 (x 64)
      RAM: 4 GB
      GPU: Intel On-Board Graphics

So I installed the game on the laptop via Steam and it worked like a charm. Knowing that my options where: either my desktop wasn't powerful enough to run it or something was happening with the 32 bit version of the game. The only way to test that that came to mind was getting some sort of copy that allowed me to test both the 32 and 64 bits version of the game, and for that, the only thing I could come up with was getting a pirate copy of the game (I know, not the best, but it was just for testing purposes and I do own a legit copy). So I got me a copy, ran the 64 bit version of the game on the laptop and it ran smoothly; after that I did the same with the 32 bit version and got the same issue that I had in the desktop.

Knowing that the desktop could boot a 64 bit Windows I proceeded to upgrade the OS, install Steam and Wargroove, and what do you know? It went perfectly.

So either there's a problem when running Wargroove 32 bits with a x64 CPU, there's a problem when running Wargroove 32 bits on Windows 32 bit with a x64 CPU or there's a problem with Wargroove 32bits (or something else that I'm missing, which is entirely possible).

Anyway the thing to get out of all this is: If you're getting the same black/blue screen issue I was getting and you're using Windows 32 bits with a CPU that can take Windows 64 bits, upgrade your OS and the game will run perfectly.

Hope this helps somebody!

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Marking as resolved.

• Voices113

Voices113 Space Hobo

Thanks! Couldn't find how to do it myself.