1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Black Imp teleport/attack, really should NOT be insta hit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vahnkiljoy, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

The fact you have NO time to dodge it and jumping doesn't seem to do much IF you can react fast enough to 2-4 of them doing it at once you are pretty much guaranteed to die with no way to fight back, they really should not do such an instant attack after appearing on top of you with no real warning.

• Myth

Myth Space Penguin Leader

The commando only has one immune/mobility skill, so it's a bit harder to get away with him. It also makes items like jetpacks and goat hoof more useful. A lot of enemies teleport on hardcore too.

The miner is much better equipped to deal with imps and other teleporting enemies.

Rawrquaza likes this.
      • Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

Yeah, there really should be some delay before enemies can attack after teleporting or spawning. I've found the solution is to jump just before they teleport. Or just jump constantly if there are several. Basically touch the ground as little as possible; Jetpacks are a big help.

Rawrquaza likes this.
        • Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

I had some ram teleporting right onto me in the arctic level in the 3rd stage and even with a jetpack, I could not get away from its damage (it teleported to me in mid air it seemed). I agree the damage should not be instant.

• Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

If you don't have a jetpack, it seems the best you can hope for is to dodge 1 out of 2 attacks they do. It would be nice if they had some weakness to make up for the teleporting and their fast attacks that probably deal twice as much damage per second as other monsters. They certainly aren't lacking in health or general movement speed.

• GeekNeff

GeekNeff Subatomic Cosmonaut

In my opinion the black Imp is way too powerful. No matter what build, what character or what difficulty, I always have a really tough time fighting even one of these guys. I avoid them more than I avoid blue magma worms :p.