1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Block Table plus

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by shardshunt, Feb 3, 2015.

?

Print blocks or craft blocks?

Poll closed Feb 10, 2015.
  1. Print with pixles

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Craft with materials

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. shardshunt

shardshunt Cosmic Narwhal

This mod is complete and can be found here: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/blocktable-plus.2689/

Just a teaser thread for the mod im working on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features
    • allows crafting of cosmetic blocks in the game without removing the exploration aspect
    • custom ui
    • sort blocks by catagories for easy serching
    Planned Features
    • custom graphics
    • can be found with custom graphics in towns and dungeons

Ideas
    • logical crafting recipies such as 1 cobble = 1 (various) stone block
    • print the blocks using pixles
    • should i implement block shops at villages and towns to buy blocks cheaper or with pixles dependimg on what i chose of the above options

How can you help?
    • think about your vote in the pole and disscus the upsides and downsides
    • pm me and you can offer to create custom graphics
    • play the beta and report bugs

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. shardshunt

here is the new ui for the table (wip)

btpb0.23.png

now out of date

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  3. shardshunt

ui complete (for now) and I have created a sprite for the table
    btpb0.27.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1423291358][/DOUBLEPOST]should I release the mod in its current state or price blocks first?
    I will contiue to update the mod until i am happy it is at a high enough quality level and i have added all the planned features

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  4. whalee

whalee Tentacle Wrangler

Only just started playing Starbound due to recent update and started to look for a mod to do this, so very happy despite only recently it is actually being done! I have spent hours looking for blocks to finish my building. So far it looks good ^.^ Keep up the good work guy~ (those metal bars right there are something i am currently scouring planets for xP)

shardshunt likes this.
  5. shardshunt

on the subject of metal, metal objects are on of the biggest dilemmas I'm having with the project What should they cost? a cobblestone, a iron bar i feel like a iron bar is too expensive because when you enter the late game planets there is no iron so you don't end up collecting large amounts like you do with cobble and wood maybe I should have it cost one of any metal but thats a problem cause each metal will require its own recipe so there will be 4 or 5 clones of each recipe cluttering up the ui I have also thought about creating a "metal block" that can be crafted with any metal (or pixles) but is used to craft metal recipes or the last option is to just price items by pixles

6. whalee

whalee Tentacle Wrangler

I don't think an iron bar would be too expensive, well for like the metal bars etc have it like planks so you get a couple out of it, but I assuming the idea of the mod is to simply make it so these blocks have a means to obtain them rather than pure luck of digging through entire planets. If iron isn't so common on late game planets people would simply have to go back to earlier planets? It makes it so these blocks require some effort, but one that is in reach, not hours spent hoping.

shardshunt likes this.
  7. shardshunt

agree how about somthing like bars(block) per bar

8. whalee

whalee Tentacle Wrangler

Elaborate on to that haha?

9. shardshunt

haha thats a strange forum bug the numbers in my post disappeared

five =5 5 four =4 4

seems to be working

i was thinking 4 bars per bar

10. whalee

whalee Tentacle Wrangler

Yeah that sound good, again not making it simple and effortless but making it within reach

11. shardshunt

12. whalee

whalee Tentacle Wrangler

Awesome! I'll check it out and let you know how it goes ^.^

13. shardshunt

Thank you it should be a big help

14. whalee

whalee Tentacle Wrangler

I am not sure if it is because of new update or if i don't have the things? But it is only showing things that i am able to make at a crafting table :O It doesn't show anything i need supplies for only things with supplies i have, i have a full inventory and only 30 things or so show up to craft :/

15. shardshunt

if you have the blocks in your inventory try throwing them on the ground and picking them back up because currently most recipes are discovered on that blocks pickup.
    also you can use the categories down the bottom to sort only block table recipes (the first one is all block table recipes only)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  16. whalee

whalee Tentacle Wrangler

Oh i see now. You learn to make the block you pick up, that is pretty cool, makes you go find them first ^.^

17. shardshunt

good to see you like :). it although im planning on having some blocks added in a more conventional way such as learning concrete when you find limestone ect