Race Blood seekers

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Darkone59, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Darkone59

Darkone59 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The blood seekers are a race of ruthless "heathens" that drains all the blood out of their enemies.

Their history

The blood seekers were originally known as Drevens, were a proud nomadic race until a galactic empire enslaved them with their superior weapons and tools. Their masters were merciless. However,about 100 years of torture and slavery, there was a revolution lead by strygwyr the red who discovered the bloodseekers lost power, the ability to gain health from their fallen enemies blood . With this newfound power, the blood seekers then decimated the empire and forced them off their planet.

Appearances
    Their original skin is grayish white but since the blood of their enemies gets absorbed into their skin, their skin has turned into a crimson color from all the fighting. They wear masks to symbolize power and ranks of their army. They scavenge patches of clothe of their fallen enemies and uses the patches to make their clothing, meaning the weaker member will be wearing less clothes then the higher ups.
    Tech

The bloodseekers dont have any long ranged or high tech technology. they have highly damaging melee swords and were able to scavenge only one working rocket since the empire destroyed all their technology before losing which is how they got to other planets
    The only weapon that is ranged is their hook, which is used to hook on to platforms , grab onto enemies to pull them up close,and to grab items .
    Hospitality

Depending of how you treat them and where you were born, they will either be aggressive(if you attacked,tress pass into their territory, or from the unnamed empire) or neutral(giving them items,new species, blood,and dont enter their villages unauthorized)
    Once you become friends or allies to the tribe, you will be able to duel some of the men to become an accepted member of their tribe in which they will trade powerful weapons.

Leadership
    Their rule is a sort of a Monarchy in which a king (or what they call a tribal chieftain) Rules. However, If another member of this society thinks that the leader is weak, the member could challenge the leader to a fight to the death, where the winner becomes king. This happens so often that the government is more of an anarchy.
    Pros
    • They are fast
    • Absorbs blood and heals with it
    • once accepted into their society they offers powerful jagged melees weapons that have chance to cause the enemy to bleed
    • Heals from blood gushing out of bleeding enemies
    Cons
    • Dont naturally heal
    • Have to scavenge for high tech weapons
    • No ranged weapons (unless you call a grappling hook ranged)
    Hope you guys liked my idea, I cant draw but I could tell you I based this race off of a character from dota

2. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Read anti suggestion please but no e-fence

3. Darkone59

Ok now how do you delete a thread then?

4. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

No don't delete them just make them non play-able

5. GrayGriffon

GrayGriffon Subatomic Cosmonaut

or better yet... just alter them a bit =)

6. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

7. GrayGriffon

i'm intreasted in the race, you just dont give us much info. here are some questions
    what do they look like? dose there skin have a different color? what clothing do they wear?
    what technoigy have they made? sure they might not have advanced stuff. but it doesn't have to be advanced. perhaps a hook that can draw there enimes close?
    how does there society work? who's in charge of there groups. a chief? a king?
    finally you might want to contact a pixel artist to get a drawing. people are far more likely to read something with a picture attached and most artists around the fourms are pretty chill and willing to help.
    hope to see this race again though. ;)

8. Darkone59

Ok let me update them, give me some time I wont be able to draw, but I could give details on what they should look like

9. GrayGriffon

alright we'll be waiting :)

10. Darkone59

I have added new details like their appearances, their clothes,their government system, and the functions of the grapple

However, I suck at adding details and dont know any pixel art people so I need to find someone who is better at this stuff then me

11. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

if were gonna keep this game kid freanly were then there cant be so much blood related stuff.

12. GrayGriffon

there doesn't have to be blood. it could just be a red beam animation connecting the corps and the player until all "blood" is absorbed from the targeted corps.

13. Maixan

Maixan Big Damn Hero

mhm...