1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Boats! v2.5 Pleased Giraffe

Sail the open seas!

1. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

It may sound silly, but how about a boat for Florans that's literally just a giant leaf? It sounds ridiculous, but then again one of the bosses is a penguin in a flying saucer so a little bit of silliness is allowed, I think ;P

BiancaRoughFin likes this.
  2. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Yeah, I was actually thinking of something along those lines, although I feel like florans ought to have something a little more... "stabby" :D

3. BiancaRoughFin

BiancaRoughFin Void-Bound Voyager

Sub needs much faster movement, specialy vertical since it takes ages for it to move to the surface and underwater its somewhat the same speed as walking.

4. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I completely agree. It's next on my to-do list after my ridiculous semester is over :)

5. Kallyous

Kallyous Void-Bound Voyager

After the last big update(19-08-2015, Starbound-Unstable) your mod no longer works. T-T
    It crashes the game. Other mods that added techs, such as StarMount, had the same.
    That is so sad... Will you update?

6. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Oh yeah, I'll be updating for sure! Maybe with a new boat too if I can manage it :D

Thanks for the heads-up!

7. FPSUsername

FPSUsername Phantasmal Quasar

More boats per race would be cool too.

8. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Peelz updated Boats! with a new update entry:

Updated to Pleased Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

What the Hylotl boat reminds me of:

10. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Haha, that thing is awesome! I want one!!

11. Jety Lefr

Jety Lefr Pangalactic Porcupine

I designed a boat I would love to be able to use in the game, but I don't know how to add in into the game via mod. Would you be willing to make a short guide on how to add boats to your mod or how to make a new one. I've looked for a long time, but I've never been able to find a very helpful guide on how to make tech mods.

Here's what I made.

[​IMG]

12. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I won't add your boat to MY mod because I'm trying to make sure that this mod contains only my original work. I WILL however give you some advice on how to make your own mod. The easiest way to do it would be to copy the vanilla boat files and just replace the boat art with your own image. You would have to change names/values in JSON but that's a lot easier than tweaking Lua. If you run into any problems in this process, let me know and I'd love to help!

EDIT: For basic help getting your mod started, you can watch my video tutorial series that will teach basic skills:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJnGcSTB24u3qOZkJlI5nHH-Jp0hA6SQ

13. saitouhiro

saitouhiro Big Damn Hero

Finnally ican be a pirates Thanks dude :D

14. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

It will only get better once vehicles are implemented! Arrrrr Matey!

15. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i got a problem, it wont work for me. i bought both a chocolate bar and an egg, and there is no blue question mark above there heads; i can't finnish the quests :(

16. TheCreeperCyborg

excuse me but, i need help. Before i say anything: this mod is amazing and i LOVE the vehicles -Is what i would say if i could ride them, i got the chocolate, i got the egg, it dun't to shit, the blue question marks are'nt above there heads when i bring them the items, i can't finnish the quest, PLEASE help or gimmi' some reassurance, or at least tell me the item names so i can spawn em' in

17. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

So you have the quests but you cannot complete them? That's odd. I'll see if I can replicate the problem when I get home.

18. TheCreeperCyborg

thanx

19. TheCreeperCyborg

look up lophatkao, hes' basically the main vehicle guy around here

20. cruncieking

cruncieking Void-Bound Voyager

Hello i don't know if you're still active but i've tried downloading your mod and unfortunately it won't load i think because v.10 came out and i'm also using frackin universe. Is there any chance you'll update this?