1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

bookmarks and portal bookmarks deleted

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by wilowizard, Sep 4, 2016.

1. wilowizard

wilowizard Space Hobo

new to this forum, im sorry if ive posted this in the incorrect area or something.

My electric went off yesterday whilst playing, looged back in to find my avatar warping on ship and coming out in a completely random system with all my bookmarks deleted and no idea where my home planet is. the Ark teleport bookmarks were also gone.
    just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and/or if its caused by my pc unexpectedly turning off...
    cheers :D

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

If you want to go to the outpost, find gate (it's on every Lush planet) and power it, you should know the drill by now. If you also want to find your old world, try this guide.

3. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, I'll share a bit of advice as I use a low-end computer that crashes/freezes/BSOD's on an almost daily basis and as such deal with this often.

1. While bookmarks, Teleports, and the Outpost itself are reset by this... neither inhabited worlds or quests are touched by it. Meaning on your home colony you may want to get a "Tether Tenant" and lock them up until they give a quest, which you will keep forever. When this important world is lost by this, simply make it the active quest and use the Track Quest in Navigation to bring you right back home. Your world should be as it was before the event, with your structures intact.

2. A slower but still reliable method is screenshotting your important worlds Navigation menu and also writing their coordinates. When you are reset, you are flung off to random coordinates and placing these manually in your menu will lead you back to them.

3. On largely colonized worlds or otherwise fancy builds, I'd encourage backing the world file often just in case of corruption. To find it easily visit the world, Place a block or decor, leave it and exit SB, go into the directory and sort by recently edited. The filename is said to contain the world's coordinates as well but it's a tad cryptic.