1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Boss,Monster cap?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Grumpy, Jun 10, 2013.

?

Do you agree with me?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2013.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

75.0%
  3. Maybe

8.3%
  1. Grumpy

Grumpy Big Damn Hero

So here's the deal, after finishing up to 3-4 worlds i got to the fungal caves again and i was at max difficulty and got stuck in a wall well not stuck i was able to move around but while i was stuck i was fighting up to 6-8 magma worms and 2 wisp bosses. it took me almost a HOUR to beat them all,and while i was fighting there was literally 100+ monsters spawning either below the wall or above it. I'm looking at the screen like this after i saw how many baddy's i had to fight---- :lod:,after that i i died and this happens, (╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━━━━━━━┻. so who agrees with me that there should be a boss and monster cap cause there might be some of you who has crappy computers, no offense and some that have good ones. maybe you should even add in the options menu a bar that tells you how many monster,bosses you want in the level.

Sorry i forgot to mention this is for Risk of Rain.

• Bigkahuna

Bigkahuna Big Damn Hero

• Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

You probably should have put this in the Risk of Rain forums. Just as an FYI.

I've never played RoR, but by your description it sounds pretty cool! Magma worms and wisp bosses? Heh yeah!

Grumpy likes this.
      • Grumpy

Grumpy Big Damn Hero

ya wondering how i got here.....

• Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Magic.

Shrooblord, Rawrquaza and Luna like this.
          • Grumpy

Grumpy Big Damn Hero

what..... how can you like this?

• Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

You don't like Magic?... How can you NOT like Magic?

Anyhow, thread should return to topic.

• Grumpy

Grumpy Big Damn Hero

i don't like magic cause....MAGIC MAN TOOK MY CANDY >:C

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

If you are making it that far on a normal run, you might want to play on Hardcore difficulty, assuming you aren't already. The problem I see is getting stuck in a wall, not the amount of monsters.

Biomatter and Grumpy like this.
                  • Grumpy

Grumpy Big Damn Hero

oh ya forgot to mention that. i mean i made this post for people with bad computers mostly. and because there was so much crap in my face it was like looking at a kid throwing paint at your window, and i just i did get off with a a good start got too around 2 almost 3rd world.

• Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

This. If you hadn't got stuck in the wall you COULD have capped the bosses by activating the Teleporter, surviving for 90/120 seconds, and then finishing off what remained.

• Grumpy

Grumpy Big Damn Hero

you know the bosses still spawn right? and i did mention i was on hardest diff with at least 100+ baddys?

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Yeah, We do know that multiple bosses can spawn even after you hit the teleporter, but that is part of the draw of the game. You aren't expected to win every game. It would be way too easy if you could control the number of enemies that spawned.

• Grumpy

Grumpy Big Damn Hero

I'm saying that there should be a cap for peoples computers that run on a potato, if they love the game but cant run it then they end up not playing it,and yes it does make the game more fun if you play it with like a bunch of monster chasing you but what if you lower the monster count the monsters get harder faster? Would that be a reasonable solution IF this does get accepted into the game which the likeliness of that happening is low.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are already options for smoothing out the lag - quality auto-adjustment, for one. I mean I can see where you're coming from, but where do you draw the line? Where do you stop accommodating for weaker and weaker machines at the expense of game quality?

Minimum spec requirements, that's where. All we need is a clear statement from the devs on how much resources you absolutely have to have to run the game.

• navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2 wisps is /nothing/ if you actually try to fight. I once had at least 6-7 wisps on the level at once, and I killed all of them.

I'm sure you can reduce some stuff in options to dull down the lag. I haven't really experienced that so I can't really say a lot.