Boss Bosses for StarBound

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Saiya Darkfire, May 24, 2013.

1. Saiya Darkfire

Saiya Darkfire Industrial Terraformer

I was thinking of a few things that could be used as bosses :

Hydra
    Giant snake , 3 headed snake
    Giant tripod Robot (war of the worlds idea) (alian invasion)
    Space pirates or Renegades
    The Beast from below(hell creature or devil) (go down in to the deep dark places of the planet to find the beast below)
    Giant Worm
    Giant slime

(Details from: Percival)

2. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

Please Elaborate.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Please no worm enemies like they were in terraria. Other than that, yeah, please elaborate. Also please avoid copyrighted material.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. Saiya Darkfire

i was just spit balling

5. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay? It still doesn't tell anyone what exactly you mean with that, so its not exactly helpful...

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. Deathskull

Deathskull Phantasmal Quasar

Please explain how any of these are fantasy related (especially the giant worm), I think you're stretching the "fantasy" thing way too far.

WoxandWarf and Saiya Darkfire like this.
  7. Saiya Darkfire

im sure xenomorphs class as fantasy in some way

8. WildOats

WildOats Phantasmal Quasar

One word
    Dune

9. WildOats

Do not worry, worms probably would make some people yell terraria clone, which would be bad.

10. Deathskull

Deathskull Phantasmal Quasar

Firstly, a giant worm wouldn't be "directly related to Terraria" at all and to think so would be utterly ridiculous. Giant worms are fairly popular in Sci-fi and as video game bosses, such a generic concept as a supersized earth creature would not be even close to relation simply because of this games "similarities" to Terraria unless they actually copy the EoW appearance wise (the behaviour of a monster that splits and only attacks you by trying to ram is so generic and simplistic that I don't think even copying it's fight would have much similarity unless they actually replicate it right down to the amount of health it has, damage it does and the speed and inertia of it). If people want to call it "cloning" simply because both Starbound and Terraria have giant worm bosses then try to relieve them of their ignorance and if they don't see the truth then let them whine.

Secondly, yes it is far-stretched to say that these are so fantasy-orientated that they wouldn't fit in a Sci-fi (I think there was a quote by Tiy that says that this game was more fantasy than Sci-fi, though I could be wrong) game. By your definitions Sci-fi in general has a large amount of "fantasy" creatures in without the magic part, such as Dragons. If you want to be this restrictive then we might as well limit all non human life to short grey aliens who shoot mind rays, pilot flying saucers and live in uniform-grey blocky metal buildings.

11. WildOats

But that would be ripping ET! ;-)

12. Saiya Darkfire

urm if that stuffs fantasy what is avians and florins coz im sure they are fantasy and stuff like Dragons is fantasy but is also mythology

13. Fishcake

Fishcake Pangalactic Porcupine

Needs to be fleshed out, I'm now seeing threads like these.

WoxandWarf and arath1 like this.
  14. Saiya Darkfire

yes but something that is not yet proven real and is thort up is fantasy and im sure alien plant life and bird people is fantasy as there not proven real

15. Fishcake

I don't even? What is this supposed to mean? All I can see is that anything not proven is fantasy? I'm not being an ass here but I don't understand at all.

WoxandWarf and arath1 like this.
  16. Saiya Darkfire

try reading it
    i may not have perfect grammer but it is readable

17. Fishcake

I know, I can read it but I don't understand what you're trying to point out. That is all.

18. Saiya Darkfire

that what is not proven to be real (Dragons , avians , florins , esc ) is fantasy until proven real

19. Fishcake

So, you are stating that Gods, Demigods, Ghosts, Zombies, Space Related Creatures, Etc are proven fantasy? Please clarify for my sake if you care.

20. Saiya Darkfire

Gods, Demigods, Ghosts, Zombies, Space Related Creatures are all thort up in someone's head one way or another . so they are are fantasized thing .