Modding Help bounding box for matter manipulator

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by FordGAA, Nov 3, 2022.

1. FordGAA

FordGAA Intergalactic Tourist

I am trying to figure out how to create a bounding box for the matter manipulator for people that dont see as well ... I have looked through the icons and cant find anything that looks like an overlay (that dark blue shimmer effect) so it might be creating something at the cursor that acts as a light instead ... this is fine but I want to change the color to be more visible especially in busy areas or over glass background blocks.

either I would like some direction as to where to find the code to modify or possibly what icon or mask they are using to create the effect. ... I have been digging and just not coming up with where the effect is getting produced ... ive looked in the mining tools lua and didnt see anything and I even took apart some other mods that modify how the matter manipulator works but those didnt shed any light on where the aiming square is coming from.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated by me and anyone with bad vision.

2. FordGAA

ok so i have done a ton of searching for what creates that hard to see blue area ... and yes its easy to see when things are in the dark but in busy areas like a building especially over glass it isnt easy to see and I am trying to mitigate that issue. either by placing a targeting box around what you are going to hit or by making the faded blue box it has brighter. I have attempted a bunch of recursive searches using terms like color and radius through all the games files but have not found anything that seems to create that blue effect.

if i find it i will post it here for others or if someone could help and post where that effect is located that would be awesome!

one thing that occurs to me is it might be in the same place that the blue sheilded mining effect happens when trying to mine somewhere that is shielded like the hub world.

3. Rezetrx

Rezetrx Void-Bound Voyager

Only thing I have found so far are the following images
    /humanoid/any/4tileglow.png
    /humanoid/any/ball.png
    /humanoid/any/ball2.png
    /humanoid/any/tileglow.png

4. FordGAA

yeah i modded those and they relate to the single square in the middle of the target area unfortunately ... what the space looks like to me is a light that is tagged to the cursor but i did a search for all light objects and none seemed to be the right fit however i didnt go one by one and change them all as there was some 3000 hits over 500+ files or something crazy like that. basically the reason i think it is a light source is because it lights up dark areas over solid rock much like how normal lights work over the first few blocks of solid blocks.