Mob Brain stealing bots (name not yet decided)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by General Nuclear, Jan 28, 2014.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Here are some robots i made the plan is that they harvest brain and they are called brein bots and they shoot a brain extractor beam at you trying get your brain, possibly to make more brein bots. :)

Hope you like my idea and the pictures i've added feel free to comment if you think something should be changed or improved :)

P.S sorry if there are some spelling errors or such, English is not my main language :) Brein bot L.png Brein bot 2 Back..png

I had some new ideas for the Brain stealing bot (name not yet decided) i thought it would be cool if it could drop some items that i've made in this picture. First item it can drop its weapon the arm that is and you can use it it could come it two versions a broken version which can only be used a melee weapon and the fully funtional version which fires the brain stealing beam which is a little more powerful than the normal brain extractor, and i had the idea that you could craft it with the brain extractor to creat a super powerful brain vaporizer that deals alot of damage but gets you no brains. Second item is a hat seen in the picure. Third item a pair of robotic pants which would be like a mount/mech :) . Fourth item is a pet. Hope you all like it :) Brein bot Loot.png Brain bot.png

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

This is actually a pretty great suggestion, but it needs a bit more work.
    How much damage does it do? How much defense does it have? What sector would it be found in?
    Also, I think Brian might be a more fitting name.

3. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

I like the idea, although as Frank said, it needs a bit more fleshing out.

4. General Nuclear

Thank you for the feedback :) i think the brein(possibly brian) bot should have low health low rate of fire/attack speed big high damage output. and be found in caves and or abandoned labs and such, possibly a rare mob to find
    And regarding the name im open for suggestions :)

5. oldDeadGamer

oldDeadGamer Void-Bound Voyager

maybe name the robot Abi Normal

Fred Meat and General Nuclear like this.
  6. General Nuclear

Also i had an idea about how the robot should behave and what it should say once you meet it, it could be like an old timey highwayman robbing you for your brain something along the line of "Stand and deliver" or "had over your brain and you wont get hurt" and "Dont worry it grows back" :D

So its Been a long time and i havent got any new comments on this thread

so i was thinking that maybe if you guys/girls want you could help me then ill be very happy, with any ideas or any comments.
    Design on the mob im not sure on the colors maybe draw a better design that would be cool to see dont need to be a robot just need to be something that steals brains, if your character can build a brain extrator so why couldnt another alien race know how and
    the back story why they are steal brains why they need the brains i did say they may need them to make more bots, and who buildt them

by the way the sprite of the mob i have showed i have forgot to tell that i didnt mean to use all of sprite i tried to show how it may look like in the game and i wasnt sure if the robot should be bigger or higher than your character or not or the same size

so if you got any ideas please show me because i think its a cool idea if a enemy or another race should have this tecnology

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    pseudoname likes this.
  7. While I can't provide you with sprites, I can give you critique at least.

The sprites, if they aren't just concept art, don't fit Starbound's style at all. The robot's design is a little plain, but that's just my preferences. Look at the assets folder within the Starbound one (may need to extract it to access). Use those as a reference point to get a better idea of how to design your sprites. As others have said, more information would also be good. The more descriptive you are, the better people have at visualizing your idea in-game. And try to avoid being cliche. The more original your concept is, the better people will see it. (e.g. Zombies! =/= Detailed Zombies with Logical/Unique Twist)

That's my two cents.~

Tctoocold and General Nuclear like this.
  8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

I think that this would be a cool idea. This might even be able to occupy the Sewers, maybe making the Mechanical Spiders into Brian Spiders, and having the other down there, showing that they are broken down and such.

In regards to what @Dragonith said above, I think that those are just concept art, and that it wouldn't be too hard to change some colors and such.
    After all, this isn't a huge suggestion, so I actually think that it was great how General Nuclear included art to get people to see what it looks like.

General Nuclear likes this.
  9. General Nuclear

Thank you for your feedback i appriciate it :)

I'm very happy you like my idea and those are some good suggestions i think i'll change some stuff on them on and upload it when its done :D
    P.S what if they never stop chasing you just like a terminator only they really want your brain :D

Hi everyone here is a little update on the look of the robots, i have made some changes some based on the feedback from you and some based on what i think would improve the look of them, i would like to mention this is all made in MS Paint, hope you all like it and please feel free to leave a comment on it :)

P.S i also made some other robots they are not entirely completed yet as you might see but thought i would show them off anyway:) i was also thinking of added some cool backrounds to them later.
    Brein bot 2 Back. alt coloer 2.png Brein bot 2 Back. alt coloer.png Brein bot 2 Back. alt coloer2.png Robo .6 Altianativ B2.Legs alt coloer.png Robo .8 Big.png Some alien 2 big.png Some alien Big.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    Dargona1018 likes this.
  10. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

That's actually a really cool idea, I like the previews you've made.. are the two last ones part of the brain bots too?

11. Necryel

Necryel Pangalactic Porcupine

Robots turning the tables and trying to steal our brains for themselves! Fantastic! Let the evil robot army come, It'll give me an excuse to set traps and turret pits inside my base and watch happens.

That said, seeing as the brain extractor is only used to get a brain for the robot boss....what exactly would be the point of a getting a stronger brain extractor since you might only use it a handful of times and then never again? Everything else is fun though, maybe make a an exlcusive death animation showing the player's brain after death held in the raised hand/claws of the victorious robot. would give an excuse to pump up the hp, ROF, and damage of said mob as well. Maybe make it a random boss type creature that shows up in say....undergorund treasure biomes as a guardian or tucked deep in apex laboratories. or penal colonies as the results of experirments on the prisoners.

12. General Nuclear

Hi :) awesome that you like my idea and designs, those two last robots i was thinking could be the surgeon robots that use the brains gathered by the other robots to make more of the brain stealing robots or some other experiments that might involve a mega brain bot ;)

P.S The design on them are not entierly complete yet, i will be adding more to them :)

13. General Nuclear

Hi :) Those are some great ideas i really like the one with the victory animation :D, also i had a similar idea with base idea one where you could maybe see a abandoned city or village and there would only be the Brain stealing robots patroling around the place looking for brains to steal ;) and that would not be all there could also be a undergroundbase where you would see them make more of the robots and also possibly prisoners, it would also be a place where you could find some lore about them like where they come from and possible who made them and why they are doing this, also you could maybe find some schematics and recipes. :)

14. DarithD

DarithD Pangalactic Porcupine

Its pretty decent, but i want that rideable legs *_*

15. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Awesome idea, that would be a ordeal trying to keep your brain safe!

16. General Nuclear

brain spider bot.png

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  17. General Nuclear

I have ran out of ideas to the desing :confused:
    do any of you guys/girls have any ideas :iswydt:
    Btw im horrebel at drawing backrounds :cry:

18. Rather than make new concepts, why not just improve on your older artwork instead? I did mention months back that it alone didn't fit the game as sprites.

19. General Nuclear

brain stealing bots big.png
    soooooo what do you think

brain stealing bots.png
    btw if you don,t like it can you plz help me with the artwork

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

The. Sprites don't look too bad, if a bit plain. Some suggestions would be to add little details such as wiring the brain or building the tank into the Chase. Maybe look the extracting bot look a bit more combat ready. That, and a bit of shading. Just use the gradient tool for a nice smooth gradient shade.
    Other than that I really like this idea. It's be cool if it were
    something like the terraria invasion events with no escape when it alerts you and you have X days to prepare.