1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Broken Mods?

Discussion in 'Support' started by tlm13, Sep 27, 2018.

1. tlm13

tlm13 Yeah, You!

Hi,
    I'm new to this and I know this isn't the official Stardew Valley support team, but it has to do with mods and I need help. So I stupidly named my farmer something I didn't really like and went to change her name the way that other forums told me to. My SMAPI/terminal didn't show up when I loaded the game. I even downloaded an extra mod to make sure those were still installed. Everything is still in files, but won't show up when I load the game. (I'm playing on a 2014 era Macbook btw)
    Also would love to know how to change my cave to fruit bats, without another issue like this happening. I thought it'd be cool to do something different but no, I hate mushrooms.

Thank you to any help

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

As always, back up what you know works, before changing anything, just in case something goes wrong or you've been given incorrect advice

If I remember correctly, you have to do all of the following

As well as editing the farmer's name in the main save file, you need to change the name in the SaveGameInfo file.

You also have to change the names of those two files.

Finally I believe you have to change the name of the folder in which the files live.

Once these five all match, I believe you should be good to go with your new name.

Note, I've been wrong before and I will be wrong again, so seriously, make a back up before attempting to follow my advice, in case this is that next time when I'm wrong

As for how to change the cave, there's this on reddit
      https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/48zdww/how_to_reset_your_batmushroom_cave_choice/

I've no idea if it's still relevant, or even if it ever worked. Again, back up before attempting to edit.

Good luck

mushrooms are better though :p

• tlm13

tlm13 Yeah, You!

Ok! Thank you so much!
        How do I back up though!?
        (I agree, but I want the community center haha!)

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Same way you'd back up any other stuff you didn't want to lose

Make a copy of the files somewhere else, either on a different hard drive or somewhere in the cloud

• tlm13

tlm13 Yeah, You!

Ok, I got the files to match and I backed up. I just can't get SMAPI to show up again. (I'm playing on Steam so it usually replaces the logo with the SMAPI one and terminal is doing nothing) If I were to uninstall all of it and bring it back, would the save files I copied be playable again? If I put them in the Saves folder?