Boss Brook

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by linkunarre, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes.

90.9%
  2. No.

9.1%
  1. linkunarre

linkunarre Phantasmal Quasar

Brook is a semi-boss (since there isn't only one, but its very hard to find and kill). There are swampland ones, and mountains ones.

this image isn't very good, but i did it with MS paint. if i can i'l make a better one, but i have school things to do so i don't promise anything.
    Brooky gif.gif
    (the eyes where supposed to look like a shark's eyes, black and non-emotive, but this is what i got with paint...)

Atacks:
    Charge: It charges to the player. If it touches him, the player will be thrown away some meters. if not, it will try to stop, but it'll stumble and fall to the ground (only 1/3 of the times it doesn't hit you).
    Bite: it does just one bit to the player. the swampland one can poison the player if it bits him, and mountain one can freeze him.
    Multi-bite: it does 3 up to 8 bits in a chain. if it does 8, the last one is more powerful. this attack also does poison and freeze.
    Escape: when it gets to the half of it's life points, there is a 1/5 chance that it runs away. if the player doesn't catch it, he will loose the opportunity to kill it. if this happens, it won't spawn in 3 in-game days.
    Special:
    mountain- earthquake. it jumps high , and when it falls down, an earthquake makes some rocks fall down from the sky. Of course rocks do hurt the player.
    Swamp-Mud ball: it spits a poisonous ball that hurts and poisons the player if it touches him, and makes a puddle of that poisonous mud , which poisons the player, but doesn't hurt him (directly, the poisoning does hurt him). that puddle disappears in 5-15 seconds.

Drops:
    100% 1-3 Broock leather
    100% 1-3 Broock fur
    0.001% Broocky Ice (mountain one)*
    0.001% Broocky Mud(Swamp one)*

*this can be used to give properties to a melee weapon (like, freezing sword or poisoned spear....)

Spawn conditions: in it's habitat (swamp/mount.), it has 5% of chance to appear on the sunset and 5% on the sunrise. also , the player has to have something that makes it come (i don't know, something like fresh meat or so)

health/atack/defense/mana:
    i don't even know if this is too much or too less, but let's say a semi good player deals 50-100 of damage to it:
    HP: 25000
    MP: 0 (or 5000 if special atacks do use it, then they use 500MP each atack)
    atack and defense... i don't know what to put, since i don't know how the atack-damage inflicted thing goes, so i don't put nothing until i know how to calculate it.

so, if someone can help me with the attack/defense thing, please do it!

also, forgive me for my bad spelling, i don't write in English a lot, but i do what i can. (i mean don't shout at me, but you can tell me if i misspelled something)

Straw Hat, Azazel and ChaoticGamer like this.
  2. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

When I hear the word Brook, I think something huge and hulking. Like, you failed to recognize Brook because Brook happens to be the island in the middle of the stream your sitting on.

Sort of like one of my castle Bosses Mob. Mob is a Moblin. Mob is HUGE. But you dont recognize Mob because he looks alot like a door. All those knots make him look and feel like your running into a wooden door. Maybe oak. Probably a real door would beat him in an intelligence test though.

3. linkunarre

what do you mean? i think i didn't get you at all...

4. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Its like the big deserted island in the middle of the sea that turns out to be a giant turtle instead. Only its so huge you thought it was an island :/

5. linkunarre

oooh ok now i got it :rofl: sorry. well, i see right now there is a 100% of votes for yes !(only 2, but eh....)

6. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

a funny cartoon monster...hehe I like it.

7. linkunarre

thanks! also, now you said cartoon monster , I noticed it's similar to this one.

8. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

Aww he looks so cute! Or she... or it.
    Love the idea though ;3

9. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

When i heard the word Brook, i remembered THAT Brook. :rofl:
    [​IMG]

ChaoticGamer and Azazel like this.
  10. Azazel

Heheh lol.
    Oh and I forgot to like the suggestion, silly me :3

Straw Hat likes this.
  11. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Lawl thanks for reminding. :p

Azazel likes this.
  12. Azazel

See it all works out.
    He gets 2 likes, we both get a like etc. etc.
    And we get to post on an awesome suggestion :p

13. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Ikr? :3
    Anyway the suggestion is good in my opinion. You?

14. Azazel

I... love it. It could also have little minions smaller versions possibly.
    But they could evolve (I just had to link my idea >_>) they could be armored with anything, randomly generated or something.
    I dunno, there is so many possiblities!

15. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Agreed!
    Like when they evolve, they can get wings etc.

16. Azazel

And better armour?
    ARMOURED FREAKS :3

17. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Armored freaks! :laugh:

18. Azazel

Or... they could dig underground with their giant arms and launch rocks ! :O
    Also, notice how its Broock not Brook

19. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

:eek:
    My bad.

20. linkunarre

well, that idea of the smaller versions as minions is good. the idea of making them evolve... do you mean the minions, or brooks? i think evolving minions is a good idea, but brook... i like it having only 2 versions