[BST] Legacy ( Prev. Builds ) Weapons Projectiles, Tier Weap. and Throwables re-introduction

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Psygnosis, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Sup everyone,

As the Thread title this is a suggestion to bring back in Starbound the old and awesome Weapons with different kind of projectiles + special fire mode, the removed throwables, tier weapons, unique weapons, etc etc..

You can find this suggestion - with many others - also in the " Big Suggestion Thread " here : http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/starbound-the-big-suggestions-thread.43196/ - in the August 2016 spoiler there is also a new crafting suggestion to have random stats / elemental / projectile each time we craft a weapon

Actually the weapons, without mods, are kinda boring, they feel all the same with that standard projectile fired and just the elemental thing.

The elemental damage, dps and all the new stats are ok and we need to keep them, but we really miss all that random generation and variety ( bouncing, splitting, slowmo/fast, explosive pig, and many many others ) in addition to the actual vanilla weaponry

Same for the removed craftable Tier Weapons, Throwables ( grenades and other stuff ) and the Unique / Special melee wepons found in the chests.

Reference pictures examples of the Projectiles and stuff :

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So, I / we request the re-introduction of all those different Projectiles ( fire mode and such are included )mentioned above with also :

- All the Removed Melee / Ranged craftable Tier Weapons
    - All the Removed Throwables ( Grenades, Phoenix Emblem, etc etc )
    - All the Removed Weapons type ( Pulse Rifle, etc etc )
    - New Weapons Type : SMG ( 1 handed )
    - New Throwables ( Grenades, Molotovs, etc etc )
    - New Craftable Weapons based on Tiers

---------------

Legacy Projectiles mod is a temporary solution ( but not all the old projectiles are available ) while we wait the Developers get back all the projectiles and the special fire modes back : http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/legacy-ranged-weapon-projectiles.4048/

The Vanilla 1.0 projectiles are still there and can be found in chests, the mod doesn't replace them, so you can find both !

2. KaleShibata12

KaleShibata12 Phantasmal Quasar

To be entirely honest I'm never sure why CF removed them to begin with...too much ok for them to redo I'd guess? only thing I got.

3. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Actually they never said anything about this, they just removed them randomly :S

4. KaleShibata12

KaleShibata12 Phantasmal Quasar

One of the many cases of 'Hey guys...we don't think this stuff should make it in...should we mention it to the players?' "No Hendrick...I think we'll let them figure it out, we gotta get the game out by the date"

Something like that. I dunno...maybe if the mods or admins or devs told us WHY they removed them I'm sure people would stop bringing it up practically any time the idea of weapons comes up.