1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Bug found with Major Boss Fight. (MAJOR SPOILERS!!!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Axe Garian, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I've tried a billion times to get the damn W10 GameDVR to Upload these damn things but it refuses, so i'll just stick a Dropbox Link for the Video Files here. One (The 20-something minute length one.) shows the Bug in it partway through (& hell of a lotta lag throughout most of it which I figured ya Devs needed to see too... & My Computer has a 3.7 Ghz AMD Quad Core CPU, Sapphire NITRO Radeon R9 390 with DirectX 12 & 8 GB of VRAM, & yes it has latest Drivers, & 16 GB of RAM...) & the other one shows just the important area with the circumstance where the Bug does not happen. I successfully reproduced it consistently 3 times total (I didn't bother Viding all 3, just one that'll show THE way to Reproduce it.) & was satisfied I had totally found something amiss for sure.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80820147/Starbound - Big Ape Boss Fight Bug Vids.zip

Hope this helps. Please fix. Many thanks for your time.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Can you attach a copy of your starbound.log when that happened? Maybe the corner camping causes one of the scripts to throw an error.

~ Iris ~

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Next chance I get, i'll run the Mission again & reproduce the Bug then exit game & stick that in here. :up:

4. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

My apologies for this Bump, & delay in response, but finally got time to commence reproducing the Bug + quitting the game & dispensing starbound.log files here... I ended up finding 5 of them on my Computer & am gonna take no chances & stick all 5 here:

Attached Files:

5. Iris Blanche

If you reproduced it in your latest session you will have to attach the starbound.log and not it's backups. (If your OS doesn't show file extensions the file will be named "starbound" in your storage folder)

~ Iris ~

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Doh, my bad.

Found this one in the same Folder, IDs as a 'Text Document' so I tried opening it & in my Notepad++ & it IDs as "starbound.log", so hope this one's the right one. Luckily I had gotten distracted on reading & replying to Alerts to Threads I watch on here & hadn't resumed my play of Starbound yet, so this should still be latest starbound log info.

Attached Files:

7. Iris Blanche

Perfect :nuruhappy: The log holds very helpful information about this issue :nurunaughty: Bad news is it's nothing we can easily fix on our side but with the information in the log it's easier for the devs to find the cause of this issue >v<

~ Iris ~

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Every little bit helps. Bugs can have a sick strong Evasion Stat, I know this full well. :)