Modding Help Build Script LUA problem

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zancuno, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

Well.... I've hit a rut...

I'm over here trying to update the lucario race mod to GG well the rest to GG (Thank Mackinz for that fix). So I encountered a problem with the buildscripts.

You see I'm trying to keep the mod exclusive swords as original as possible to their past .sword file since I'm turning them into .activeitems .

Well this is where my issue lies, bringing them to .activeitem gets rid of the description in favor of the stats. If I remove the tooltip, sure then the description can be seen but then no stats are shown. My problem is trying my best to get all to show at the same time. You see LUA is a little confusing to me and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to edit or make another LUA for buildscripts so I can have the mod exclusive swords as original as possible with new additions.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where in the buildweapon.lua to change the code up to where the description is shown below the stats? It would be very helpful.

I noticed that the buildurandshield.lua allows stats to be shown with a description, so I know it is possible.

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

it's not a lua problem, it's a problem with the active item tooltips. you could all you need to do is to create a new tooltipkind and make the gui of the tooltip.

Fortunately for you I actually did it in my modpack, so here have the stand alone version, all you have to do now is to change the tooltop kind of your mele activeitem weapons to "ActiveSword" and for your ranged activeitem weapons to "ActiveGun", i've provided an example in the thing.
    here are the final result of the thing
    upload_2016-3-30_20-15-6.png upload_2016-3-30_20-14-36.png

Attached Files:

3. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

>.> wow I didn't even consider the tool tips at all. This is actually really helpful. Thank you. ^ ^; I guess I need to keep my mind more open to possibilities.

Edit: want me to credit you? This will probably be used in the lucario and lopunny mods if I use your tooltips.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016