build your own house?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Camz, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Hi folkes,Firstly i'd like to thank Tiy for making us aware of this great looking game.But im.still unsure on to how much freedom of customization there is on the game.So my question is will we be able to build are own house if so i think this game will be very very interesting,what do guys think? Camz

• FlipBeef97

FlipBeef97 Void-Bound Voyager

It sure seems like you can! :D

• Camz

Camz Existential Complex

really wowzer's, do you have any info or screenshots on showing building your own house dude. thanks

• FlipBeef97

I don't have any pics or anything, but if you read what you can do in the game, it says that you can customize your house. :)

• Camz

Camz Existential Complex

ah ha i see what your saying about custizing your house but i mean will we be able to actually build are house what would be very cool!

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

there is footage of someone seting up there house

• FlipBeef97

yes, I am not sure on "BUILDING" you house... BUT THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up:

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, judging from the videos I've seen uploaded by CA, I think you can customize the size or maybe it's just a preset size that you can choose. Would be nice if there's a 2nd floor of the house as an upgrade or something, like a winery in the basement ;)

• Apple Jack

Apple Jack Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This suggests you'll be choosing from a preset and then just decorating the inside/the land around it ouside.

I couldn't find anything showing the house itself, so this just shows the coop/barns.

• CJoker3221

Would be nicer if the buildings don't just.."appear" out of nowhere like that, some building process would be nice :)
                      Like scaffolding here and there..and you have to spend time to actually create that building :)

Silverduke1 and Mopy like this.
                      • ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Yeah I was planning on having something to make the buildings less instant. Either a construction period, or different building stages that require you to provide certain items/resources.

About actually constructing the house in whatever shape you want... It's something I'm still thinking about. It would kind of eliminate the need for house "upgrades", which is a little sad for the local carpenter... although she has other uses still.

• FlipBeef97

Thats cool! ConcernedApe, I like the building it any shape, but its whatever works best. :up:

• Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Ah I see really like the idea of upgrading the house and say you have to collect certain resources then you go to the carpenter as you mention and the carpenter then does the upgrade/expansion that would work for me cool idea concernedape really like the idea of a carpenter will this npc live in your house or will he/she have there own house?

• Jarl Sheogorath

Jarl Sheogorath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

LIVE IN YOUR HOME!!! LIVE IN YOUR HOME!!! LIVE IN YOUR HOME!!! What? A madman can't haz a random dude/dudette living in his home?

• Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

Would buying the materials from the carpenter for upgrades leave her with stuff to do?
                                People these days sure love their customizable things, but in the end presets aren't bad either.

• CJoker3221

The idea of the preset is good enough, as long as there's upgrades from the carpenter, I'm a-okay with it :)
                                  Like..a basement..for winery..;)

Silverduke1 likes this.
                                  • Wasselin

Wasselin Pangalactic Porcupine

What about both? Like you start out with a preset but as you gain a higher relationship with the carpenter or more resources you can get complete freedom to design your own house? That would kind of have the best of both worlds, cause you would still have the gameplay of house upgrades and then the final reward of total customization.

Thousandflowers likes this.
                                    • CJoker3221

I've been thinking about that but I keep thinking there'll be a bad side to it..I just can't keep my finger on it..
                                      Maybe..related to how the outside looks like..?

Zellman likes this.
                                      • Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

This is a good point. Maybe CA could make the floor layout and interior wall layout customizable since that wouldn't affect the exterior rendering of the building. This way we aren't tied to a particular floor pattern, and we could have present external layouts.

Wasselin likes this.
                                        • CJoker3221

But wee bit complicated don'tcha think? :/