1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bullet Trail for Commando?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WackyWocky, May 24, 2013.

1. WackyWocky

WackyWocky Pangalactic Porcupine

One of the main problems I've noticed with the Commando is the lack of a bullet trail. This is very annoying when trying to shoot a small vagrant far off to the side, and you jump and shoot, but have no idea if you'll hit or not. A simple, tiny bullet trail would be helpful, even if just a few small white "smoke" pixels. Just so I know the general direction.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I don't know how I feel about this. I've never encountered any issues with the Commando's range being readable. I'm pretty certain it's just collision_line(), there're no bullet physics, they just go in a straight line based on the direction your character is facing. The Greater Wisps also have the same attack. I think it may help a little to have a couple stray single-pixel lines a bit away from the Commando or Greater Wisp to show that it goes far in one direction.

• Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

Seems like it could be handy, however in the later game when ya have like 5+ attack speed ups and pierce attacks and what not going on, things might get even more confusing/FPS consuming then it already is. So if something like this is added there should be an option to turn it off :3