1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED BYOS 1.3

Build Your Own Ship

1. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

Amber Talamasca submitted a new mod:

BYOS - Build Your Own Ship

Read more about this mod...

2. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

After upgrading and teleporting to the ship I never arrive and attempting load that character later gets stuck on the loading screen also. I tried with a new character and no other mods just to be sure and the same thing happens.

3. Amber Talamasca

Psycho hyena, what race are you and could you send me the log file?

4. Psycho Hyena

5. Amber Talamasca

Thank you. I see that the techstation gives a problem on being unique. I think i have an idea what caused this, and an idea on how to fix.
    The mod since testing is displaying some other behaviour that it did not before, but it might be related to the same problem.
    I'll be able to test my solution in 4 hours or so, when i get back.

Thank you for your help.

6. lmjai

lmjai Orbital Explorer

Hi, could you upload this to the steam workshop?

7. Phantom5582

Phantom5582 Phantasmal Quasar

It was there, but it was removed. I'm guessing so he can fix the problem before re-uploading it onto steam.

8. Amber Talamasca

She, but yes, otherwise you are correct. ;)

I made it invisible on the workshop until it no longer corrupts shipworldfiles.. that seemed like the responsible thing to do ;)

I'm working on a solution, and i have something that would work for an intermediary, but it does not allow for replacing the techstation and such.

Be patient please, as soon as i have another solution that is workable, it will be made visible again.

DeadSomething likes this.
  9. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca updated BYOS - Do not use yet. between testing and uploading something broke with a new update entry:

fix for gamebreaking bug

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Out of curiosity how is the upgrade with licenses handled and crew members?

~ Iris ~

11. Psycho Hyena

Seems to work now, only oddity I've spotted is you can move the teleporter and use it but you still beam back to where it was originally so you might as well lock it in place too. I'll try joining a friend without the mod later to see what the terrible consequences are, if any.

12. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Would someone kindly upload a screenshot? I'd like to know what happens when I do get it firsthand without risking all. X'D

Like... What does the ship first look like once you've turned it into a BYOS?

13. Amber Talamasca

At the moment it looks like crap. It's a basic ship shaped like the original tier 1, 2 and 3 ships, but add on top of that the residual hazard blocks.

It will need work before it's pretty, but the point is not that I make a pretty ship for you, but that you can make one yourself. I'll upload one in a little bit, once i'm properly up and awake, but know that this is a dirty solution to allow people to start using the mod, and only a temporary situation. If you want to start building install it (backup first, as said), if you want it to look pretty please wait :)
    this has been fixed, only your own placed blocks and items might still be in the way

But the new shiplocker that is added adds in the other racial teleporter styles, which people should be free to use as well ;) And the mod can be seen by others without the mod without problems. They just cannot get the quest or ship themselves.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  14. Amber Talamasca

15. Amber Talamasca

Update to 1.2 first to get the clean "ship"
    Note: spawn position remains the same so either keep your teleporter or a designated area for spawning in the current teleporter slot.
    Other racial teleporters, lockers, chairs, etc are in the locker

[​IMG]

Crusism likes this.
  16. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Thanks Amber! :)

17. Frandex

Frandex Void-Bound Voyager

where i can find the man of the outpost?

18. Amber Talamasca

he lives down under. bring a spiked sphere or lots of rope

19. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca updated BYOS with a new update entry:

shiplocker fix and extended race compatibility (see my byosrc mod)

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. avefree98

avefree98 Space Hobo

I accidentally fell to the bottom and lost a bunch of shit. I can't get close enough to pick it up without hitting the killzone. Has anyone found a way to retrieve items stuck on the "ground"?

Edit: if anyone else has had this problem, if you just wait 2-5 minutes and build platforms directly over your items, you should eventually be able to pick them up. not sure why.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016