Call me strange but..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reddestiny921, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

For a bit I wanted to romance and marry Shane, now I know I know he's not a candidate but when you get an event with him in the beginning and he talks bascially about how trapped he feels I just wanted to know more about him. He's a moody drunk most of the time and characters with a little more under that always appealed to me. Also I know pretty much nothing about the game as much as I love it but is the event with Maru, when you "help out" in her lab a heart event or a random event?

When she leaves the room her dad says he doesn't want anything to get in the way of her bright future, if it's heart event it's like he's trying to get in the way. I know dad loves his kid but ugh it seemed like a threat, also when you talk to him immediately after he says..I think the line was"I was being a bit presumptuous earlier" and he apologizes. Anyways probably over thinking that...since we're getting in-law dialogue I would like to see what the family or friends think after you marry someone else when you romance more than one (unless we already have that I don't know yet I'm not even friends with the towns people yet.), I bet he'd really be mad if you played with his little girl's heart. Anyways I'll just stop rambling and go play the darn game hehe

CorraidhĂ­n and Iffydust like this.
    • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

That Maru event is her 2 heart event. It's when you first really start befriending her, so...yeah...her dad is still being an overprotective jerkwad. ^^

Reddestiny921 likes this.
      • kaneroo

kaneroo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shane is a very complex character and you can get to know him a little better, but I wish he was romanceable too, maybe he would be more open about himself? I don't know.
        As for Maru, Demetrius is just trying to protect her, I guess his concern is valid because you're new in the town and nobody really knows you so I think it's normal he would be wary of you in the beginning.

Reddestiny921 likes this.
        • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Well, CA has definitely commented on wanting to make Shane one at some point (though who knows if it'll actually HAPPEN, heh).

As for Maru and Demetrius, yeah...and that's really the only time you see that until the 10 heart event, where he's like; A-HA! CAUGHT YA! *gets surprised by super ultra mega amazing invention #9 and then apologizes to the player and accepts everything* :rofl:

• Reddestiny921

yeah I can see that, I just think it's funny because I'm starting to befriend him and I like to go in his room and get in his bed, so it's like chill you know me I've been in your bed lol. Actually for no apparent reason I like to get in all the beds I can reach just because, I can't wait to learn more about Shane, I hope he becomes a candidate there seems to be more to him than Pam he could turn out to be a really good guy if he was on a farm and not working for joja.

Gabaw and Iffydust like this.
            • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

You like to go into the bed and wait for them to enter it at night, or get in with them in the morning as well, don't ya?

"Oh, don't mind me. I just want to sleep with you. That's fine, right? YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THAT, RIGHT?!" :rofl:

Gabaw and Iffydust like this.
              • Reddestiny921

LOL, just at random when I stop by to give gifts and talk to people, though yeah that's my mind set I mean they let me in their rooms to look through their things when they barely know me why not crawl into their beds and squeal too?...I'm just odd that way :D

• Iffydust

Iffydust Starship Captain

You are completely normal :) I think most of us enter their beds at night/morning just go feel their warmt Shane is the odd one saying "I don't know you, don't talk to me" and fully ignore that you are laying in his bed with him. None of them either think its wrong to start the day with beer for breakfastin bed :p

• Reddestiny921

ha, actually I went in Pam's trailer and Penny went to sleep but she moved close to wall so I got in with her, her eyes were open so we'll pretend she was lonely and knew I was there lol. It's funny Shane always wants to be left alone but he'll send you letters at random, and take all your gifts like he wants you to talk to him mmhmm.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Yeah I creeped on Penny's bed nightly before we got married. That's why it only took a month before the kids came out.

• Reddestiny921

hah Gabaw I intend to marry Elliot and I spend a lot of time in his bed for no reason whatsoever, can't wait to see those babies :D

Iffydust likes this.
                        • Natalie

Natalie Void-Bound Voyager

I'm at the end of Winter in my fourth year on my first playthrough and almost didn't marry anyone even after romancing them all and seeing all the heart events because I was torn between Leah and Sebastian since Shane wasn't available. I want to know more about him, too. Like Caudyr said, not sure when CA will get to that, so I did finally marry Sebastian in the Fall of year 4 and had a son a month + a day later. (Sorry, Shane! Must do all the things for achievement shinies.) I fully intend to start a new playthrough the moment Shane's a bachelor I can pursue. :D

Iffydust likes this.
                          • Reddestiny921

I was torn between Shane and Elliot then I realized it was pointless and Elliot won, I'm fine to wait, I don't know why he appeals to me so much but he does ah well we'll be friends then if we do get Shane I'll be starting fresh for him too. :D

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I'm actually using Siv's marriage mod so that, technically, Shane is romanceable. But since CA is leaning towards adding him, I'm mostly waiting on him to be officially added so I don't have to start a third save file just to be able to finally marry him without breaking my game.

Yes, over a month since launch, and I still haven't married anyone I am that determined for him to be my first spouse. I am patient, I can wait.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
                              • Reddestiny921

oh that's cool, I use mods in other games but I fear with my luck if I tried then I'd lose all my progress from a corrupted save bleh, lol I admire your patience after I got tipsy with Elliot and his little sprite danced a little I knew he had to be the first spouse for me.

Iffydust likes this.
                                • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

If you're gonna do it, just start a new save, then? :rofl:

• Reddestiny921

of course, always start a new save if you mess with mods. :p