Modding Help Can Make Everyone but Krobus Datable/Marryable?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jaena, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Jaena

Jaena Orbital Explorer

TL;DR: Entering the sewer does weird things to Krobus. No other map or NPC has these issues AFAIK.

I've edited the NPCdispositions.xnb file to change nearly every other NPC to be "datable," and it works great for the most part. I can marry the Wizard, I can marry Sandy, etc, no problems there, but as soon as I enter the sewer, Krobus reverts back to his non-datable state .-.

[​IMG]

It happens no matter which entrance I use, it does not go away upon leaving, and in another file where Krobus is already married to my farmer and his default position is the farmhouse (thanks, save file editing!), entering the sewers spawns another Krobus in his usual spot.

I have no idea what's going on, let alone how to fix it (or if fixing it would even be possible with xnb modding alone), so I'd be super grateful for any help with this issue <3

Edit: I posted this further down, but here's the modified NPCDispositions.xnb as well as EngagementDialogue.xnb if anyone wants 'em

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
      Iffydust and bury.butterfly like this.
    • Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

i hope this gets figured out cuz i would totally marry Krobus! he would still be silent on fridays in honor of his people and would probably hide in the shade of my trees if hes outside in the day, or maybe only come out in the rain!

• Ser Veren

Ser Veren Tentacle Wrangler

Time to make a character named Melisandre (hopefully someone gets the reference)

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd just like to point out that if everyone is dateable and marryable soon we'll have someone creating Lewis Carrol with Wonderland farm and Jas will be Alice Liddell.

You walk a dangerous road.

• joprinz

joprinz Master Chief

Despite of the Krobus issue, do you plan to release this mod? This would be the best thing ever. //*hint at profile pic*

DreamerDrop likes this.
            • Jaena

Jaena Orbital Explorer

Just the mod to make everyone else datable? Yeah I could release it - I don't have unique dialogue or art for any of the characters besides Krobus, though, so someone'll have to make some or I can just put placeholder dialogue in for the time being :eek:

In fact, I'll work on that now and just....put it in this thread.....maybe it'll help someone help me with the sewer issue :<

joprinz likes this.
              • AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

Well on the plus side noone is going to brag about marrying jas or vincent or risk being ostracized by the forum. But it's a slippery slope.

• Jaena

Jaena Orbital Explorer

Notice I said "nearly every character" in the opening post. I'm not including those two characters specifically.

Download these two files and put them in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Data (or whatever the equivalent is when you get it through GOG or Humble):

NPCDispositions

EngagementDialogue (Warning: crappy)

Just replace the old files with these (but keep them backed up somewhere just in case)

Optional step to add placeholder dialogue: open up C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Dialogue and pick a file that starts with MarriageDialogue, make a copy, and change the name of the original character to the name of a different character >>

eg copy MarriageDialogueHaley.xnb and rename the copy MarriageDialogueEvelyn.xnb if you want to marry Evelyn. She'll have Haley's post-marriage dialogue rather than default stuff. I haven't actually tested this, let me know how it goes!

[​IMG]

hollowlaughter and joprinz like this.
                  • Jaena

Jaena Orbital Explorer

Still haven't figured this out yet, bump

• DOTCreeper

DOTCreeper Aquatic Astronaut

This is not working for me. I do not get "Single" below their picture, nor are they mariable.

• Jaena

Jaena Orbital Explorer

Hm, weird, these are the same files I'm using and they work for me .-.

Can you tell me where you saved them to? Did you install any other mod(s) after this?

• ColorlessAlien

ColorlessAlien Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same problem as you when Krobus doesn't have the single thing under him.
                          One time it worked but the only thing he said was just,

"Heh. Funny joke."

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017