Modding Help Can someone update Ali's Overgrown Buildings Recolor to 1.5?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by hierarkia, Jan 2, 2021.

1. hierarkia

hierarkia Space Spelunker

Hi! First time ever posting, hope I'm doing this right!

With the new 1.5 update my favorite mod seems to have broken. I saw someone mention it being due to the house and greenhouse cosmetics being separated now, iirc? So I'm assuming it could be the same case with this one.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1328?tab=posts

Neither the original modder nor the one who made the recolor seem to be active on Nexus anymore. Thank you so much in advance!

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

Just curious because you didnt mention it, are you using the CP conversion here?

• hierarkia

I'm actually not sure anymore! I'll try changing the mod and see if it changes anything, thanks!

Edit: The unofficial mod update seems to have broken as well, unfortunately. Every other building's working just fine. I wish I knew how to update it myself but I don't know the first thing about modding. )-:

upload_2021-1-3_15-29-11.png
        upload_2021-1-3_15-29-55.png

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
        • vacantgalaxy

vacantgalaxy Big Damn Hero

I am by no means a seasoned modder as I've only ever done minor modifications to other people's mods for my own personal game, but decided to take a crack at it. I tested it in my game and all of the buildings included in the file have worked, obviously there's no file for things like the Big Shed or Obelisks from the original modder. I hope I've done everything right/credited properly, please let me know if there are issues.

Credit goes to pepolaun who originally converted it to a ContentPatcher pack, I just made some modifications to the coding and the images. I also swiped the following from their original post:
          Note that in accordance with the Mod's creator's intention, I've made the "saturated" version as the default. You'll have to run the game once, exit, and modify config.json to use the desaturated variant.
          Note for mod's creator or anyone else involved: Please PM me if you want me to take down this update

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
          • hierarkia

You're a saint!! Unfortunately Smapi keeps blasting me with an error and I can't figure out what's wrong. The error keeps your update from working which sucks since you spent time getting it to work! I'll try to do some digging and see if I can get it to work. :c But nonetheless, thank you so much for doing this!

upload_2021-1-5_21-42-40.png

• vacantgalaxy

It might be because I edited some stuff in the manifest after I checked it on mine and didn't double check to make sure it hadn't caused problems, let me try again. :)

• vacantgalaxy

I knew I shouldn't have touched anything in the manifest since I had never messed with them before. I updated it back to the original manifest from pepolaun's and everything works fine now so try again! And if you want me to resize the Shed image to create one for the Big Shed let me know and I can try adding that too. :)

• hierarkia

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You're incredible! I didn't even know the big shed was a feature now lol, if you feel like you're able and have the time and energy please go ahead! I'll just keep in mind not to expand it. Seriously, thank you! <3 I can finally start playing 1.5 I think, hahah!

/Edit: I'll link this post to the original mod on Nexus if you didn't yet! So if anyone else is as desperate as me they can find it easier.

• vacantgalaxy

Good, I'm so glad I was able to help! I'll definitely let you know if I get a chance to update it with some of the other buildings and things.

• hierarkia

I'd be so grateful if you did! But don't feel obliged to, of course. <3

• alyssadogz

alyssadogz Space Hobo

Hi! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am pretty new to modding and I cannot figure out how to get this content pack to work. I have other mods working through smapi, and I also got Content Patcher, but how to I get the new textures to show up in game? Again, sorry for a silly question but any advice would help!! (Also I play on mac)

• hierarkia

Not a dumb question at all! Unfortunately I'm still a baby when it comes to modding so I have no idea how to solve your problem. I've simply dropped the ^ folder into the Stardew "mods" folder and it's been working like a charm. For starters, make sure you've updated Smapi, Stardew and Content Patcher all up to date I guess. I play on pc so I have no idea how different modding is on a mac, sorry! I'll try to do some amateur digging for you while waiting for someone more knowledgeable to answer lol.

• rayinwonderland

rayinwonderland Space Hobo

Hi! I tried to use the desaturated version but it seems I may have messed up. I deleted the saturated textures assuming by default the game would load the desaturated versions, but now none of the textures will show up. I'm new to modding in general, but if anyone can explain the fix to me I'd be very thankful! (Also i play on pc if that helps lol)

• thfwl3629

thfwl3629 Intergalactic Tourist

Does anyone have the original mode file instead of CP mode??