Can we catch Legendaries multiple times now...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deukahng, Sep 14, 2016.

1. deukahng

deukahng Big Damn Hero

Made my goal this save to catch every fish in year 1 and accomplished it.

Now it's Spring Year 2, on a rainy day at the mountain lake, and the Legend definitely just popped up again. Wasn't fast enough to screenshot it though.

I think I've heard of this happening to people before? Or has CA changed the rules?

MrToni300 likes this.
    • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i think that's a bug? but i thought it was supposed to be fixed. guess it didn't get fixed after all.

but you're SUPPOSED to catch every legendary fish only once. i think the only one you can catch more than once is, well... The Legend

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

According to the Wiki only The Legend can be caught more than once. Not sure why only that particular fish but yeah.

MrToni300 likes this.
        • deukahng

deukahng Big Damn Hero

That's so strange...I'll post if it happens again I guess. Kinda makes it less special if that's the case.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Not so much a legend as a persistent rumour, then? ;)

deukahng likes this.
            • Rezzo1971

Rezzo1971 Space Spelunker

Pffft! I would be happy to catch one never mind all of em. I have sort of given up trying to catch one, just cant seem to do it.

• RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

Have you tried using the trap bobber or barbed hook tackle? I thought I wouldn't be able to catch one of the fish as well, and it wasn't even the Legend, but it worked with one of them.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I had so much trouble with fishing that I never tried to catch the Legendary Fish again

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

It's weird, I've actually been catching the legendaries pretty easy. Use the trap bobber and eat something that gives you a good boost to your fishing skill (helps if it's already maxed) and you're already pretty set to catch it, it's just skill beyond that. But I haven't had a hard time at all. I've caught two so far on my current save and on both times, I got them the first try. I was actually kind of disappointed I caught them so fast, since I'd done so much to help my chances.

The lava eels though. I'm starting to think the only thing that exists in that lake is trash, because it's all I seem to catch when I go down there. :/

MrToni300 likes this.
                    • Rezzo1971

I think i used one of them and found it was even harder to use. Which out the two would you recommend? Also what is the best food for help in fishing?

• Thaeliaris

Thaeliaris Void-Bound Voyager

As Luthien wrote, try the trap bobber, personally I think it's best to use against difficult fish, as it gives you more of that much needed time not to loose it from the hook. Some food boosting your fishing skill may also help, try Dish'O'the Sea, it gives you a really nice +3 fishing bonus. That, and maxing out the skill itself, as food can boost your skill over 10.
                        Personally I don't even try to catch legendaries without maxing fishing first. I'd have to confirm it to be 100% sure, but I think that barbed hook (the one that "follows" the fish if I recall?) doesn't work well with fish that move up and down too quickly..

• RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

Try the trap bobber, and any food that gives you a fishing boost, but yeah, Dish of the Sea is the best. I used a barbed hook to catch the Glacierfish, so it still works on legendaries, but you're right, it depends on the pattern of movement. Also, you need to try on a lucky day because then the fish are calmer.

• Rezzo1971

Ok cool I will try these things, cheers. My fishing is at max just for the record. Didnt realise a lucky day had any impact on fishing though, good to know.