1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Can we have mod categories in Steam Workshop?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by xaliber, Mar 17, 2017.

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seeing Starbound's Steam Workshop, I notice that it lacks mod categories like in other games' Workshop. This is despite the fact that the ChuckleFish mod repository already has a well-structured categories.

I've been told that categories in Workshop are handled by each games' developer. So it would be really nice if Chucklefish can enable mod categories in Workshop.

It can help mod authors too to have their mods shown not only in Workshop front page, but also each categories' front page, i.e. the "This week's most popular mod in X category". There are lots of good mods out there that haven't got enough exposure - like Lightweight Class Mod, Expanded Magnorbs, or Colony Tweaks.

As Steam Workshop seems to be the most accessible place for people to download mods, I think this would be a simple yet very useful addition.

Mythril-Jelly likes this.
  2. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

Strongly agree. I was a bit confused when I couldn't find categories.

3. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes. I think adding categories shouldn't be that hard - it feels like a "bug fixes" in the mod download portal. It's not hard but it will be very beneficial to many Starbound players, both mod users and mod authors alike. A number of mods in Workshop deserve more exposure.