Feedback Cannot Walk Over/Through Downed Allies

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zyren007, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Zyren007

Zyren007 Space Hobo

First of all, let me just say that this is a great game. I love it, and I even bought copies for my skeptical friends. Great job!

My complaint involves not being able to walk through a downed person when in combat. The enemies have no problem walking over your teammates unconscious body, but we can't? Normally this isn't a problem, except for certain missions where if someone falls in a single block passage...it can require a level restart to progress. For example, on the AI Overwrite mission, there is a thin passageway to the server room. Lannis went down and trapped everyone in, the enemies just ran around outside not coming in either...that went on for about 100 rounds before I gave up. Easy fix: allow for walking over downed teammates instead of being trapped behind them.

Other items I've been thinking about:

1)Bump the Stim cap to 6, for those of us who like generalist characters. Even numbers and all that jazz...two stims to each stat.

2) I don't think the displayed % chance to hit number for attacking an enemy always includes the defender's cover. This could be why so many people are complaining in their steam reviews that they can never hit anything. Perhaps a number shows up as an 73% chance to hit somebody behind full cover when actually it should say something significantly lower. Miss miss miss miss miss miss because the numbers displayed just aren't right. Mathematically there are is a LOT of missing going on for the displayed percentages, and that's my idea why it might be.

3) A few in-game tutorial notes about the differences between weapon types and armor types would be helpful. It would help to know these things before you start putting stims on characters, for the customization.

4) Does any stat boost melee damage? Just seems to stay rather low the entire game, even getting worse as enemy armor gets better. Health maybe?

5) I have not had one single shield boost work for me. Does it not work instantly? I don't get it...just wastes an action with no payoff.

Thanks!

• blackjackGT

blackjackGT Space Hobo

I did a Steam game guide on characters (including info on active and passive abilities, number of cooldowns etc.).

When time permits (work doesn't cooperate), I hope to maybe do a separate guide on weapons -- even if a lot of players feel the game is so heavily in favor of sniper rifles, there's little reason to use anything else for ranged attacks. :raccoon: And maybe a third one on the different armors.

I think one thing the game is missing from XCOM type games is a built-in Wiki/Encyclopedia -- maybe something where the first time you gain access to a certain type of armor or weapon, an entry shows up in the wiki; or the first time you encounter a particular type of enemy, an informative entry goes into the wiki.

That could be an in-game way to provide some "how to" for folks who want it, and would put my Steam game guide ideas out of business to some extent, but that's OK. I think it helps enrich the game's backstory to have that info in-game. :)