1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Can't connect to my own modded server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by BakuLP, Oct 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BakuLP

BakuLP Yeah, You!

Hi,

I created a Starbound server with the Steam-tool "Starbound Dedicated Server" and used portforwarding so my friend and I can play together.

I installed a few mods and the server itself is running without problems, my friend and I can connect, but heres the problem:

I can only connect to the Server if I restart my PC. If I don't do that, I almost always get the error message "Incoming client packet has caused exception".

The console also gives me the following Error if I try to join:

"[Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 3: (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached."

All websites I visited to get rid of the error state that the Server and the Client don't have the same mods, but I have the same mods as the server.

What could it be?

Xbawks Character Extender

Instant Crafting

Frackin' Universe

Frackin' Music

Undertale Music Pack

CrazyFreak's Musical Collection

Reki's Anime Music Pack

Metal Gear Solid Alert Sound

Compact Crops

Wardrobe Interface

Zelda Music Addition [Soundtrack]

Vaporwave Music UPDATED!

Make the universe a cuter place

Lamia Race

Elunite Race

Dramatic Deaths

Eating is NOICE

Elithian Races Mod

Draconis Race(Humanoid Dragon Race)

Learn Blueprints on Scan

The Saturnians

RPG Growth

Arachne Race

Frackin' Interface

Make the Arachne a Cuter Race

Shellguard: Starbound Expansion Remastered

- Green's Dye Suite 1.7 - Super Ultra Matter Update DX Plus Omega Repainted Edition & Knuckles

Spawn Rate Increaser

Spawn Rate Increaser

Fragments of Ruin (Race)

Dio Logo (and sound)

EP's Shadow Expansion

EP's Shadows patch/fix

Carlucci Inventory Mod - Visual Update! v2.50

The Shoggoth Race Mod & Friends

Carlucci Inventory Mod with Increased Inventory Size

The Kyterrans

Lamia Full Snake Reskin

Arcana

Stardust Core Lite

Shoggoth BYOS Patch

Edrax's Ferromorphs

Edrax's Ferromorphs FU Patch

Client log:
    https://pastebin.com/1r6AijbY

Server log:
    https://pastebin.com/4kSBGUtt

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Void-Bound Voyager

The error seems to be originating at the timestamp [13:04:49] in both the client and the server, this seems to be the time things start to crash...(Line nr. 255 in client log, line nr.153 in server log) though it seems the error seems to be generated at the client side reading the asset "/species/epshadow.raceeffect" from "EP's Shadow Expansion"
    This in my humble opinion seems to be supported on the error message on the Server side at line nr. 153: [13:04:49.623] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 2: (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached
    I think its meaning that the Server got an interrupted message fron the client (EoF=not expected (sudden)End Of File) and that seems to be corroborated fron the client that could not read the asset of "/species/epshadow.raceeffect" from "EP's Shadow Expansion"

Check EP's shadow expansion verify it's the same version of the mod that's on the server, I think the problem lies there, I wish I could be more of help here.

Hugs

Lu