1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Can't connect to server - might be a problem with the portforward?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by denisgur1, Sep 1, 2018.

1. denisgur1

denisgur1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, I set up a portforward to 21025, but no matter what I try me and my friends can't connect to my server.
    The thing is, my friend tried setting up a server as well, we followed every tutorial we could find, every forum thread discussing similar problems, yet none of us could successfully open a server.
    We had a server way back during beta, and somewhere around the full release, and we don't remember it being so complicated.

In case I'm a dummy, here are the port forward setting I applied to my router, I'm using a HotBox:

upload_2018-9-1_13-11-1.png

Furthermore, I tried using canyouseeme.org to check if the port's open, and it says it isn't?
    I'm down to my last nerve here, I'm frustrated that I can't get it right, I'd be very happy if someone could assist me here, I'm only home every other weekend and I'd really like to revisit starbound with my friend.

Attached Files:

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

When you are hosting, can you connect via 127.0.0.1? If not, then you have another issue.