1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Can't interact or use manipulator on ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by starboundisfunforall, Jan 22, 2017.

1. starboundisfunforall

starboundisfunforall Void-Bound Voyager

I have been playing Starbound for about 30 hours with no problem.

Suddenly today when I join my friends server (the only world I have played on), I am unable to interact with anything on my ship, or use the manipulator on anything. When I use the toolbar on the left hand side to teleport to the world below it gets stuck on the teleportation animation and never loads the world. Sometimes when I restart the game I can't even move, but that is less common than the other bugs.

The guy who is hosting and another friend are both able to play with no issues.

I have a quite old laptop that is barely able to run the game, but have had no real issues until now.

I have tried restarting the game, verify game cache and recovering broken save, all to no avail.
    When I start a new character and skip the tutorial mission, I am faced with the same issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. starboundisfunforall

Is this what you mean?

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Does this also happen in singleplayer? If not the log from the host could be helpful.

~ Iris ~

5. starboundisfunforall

No, doesn't happen in single player. Here is the Host log.

edit: I appreciate your help

Attached Files:

6. starboundisfunforall

BUMPING AS REALLY WANNA PLAY TONIGHT

7. Iris Blanche

The logs doesn't show any error. Have you tried connecting directly via ip? (this will need some portforwarding setup for the one who's hosting)

~ Iris ~