Modding Help Can't load my save, help (bunch of mods)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by MatPerito, Mar 14, 2020.

1. MatPerito

MatPerito Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys,
    i have been playing stardew valley for some time with mods, i am kinda playing with 68 mods at the moment (at least is what smapi says). I was in the skull cavern when i hit floor 100 and also at around same time hit level 10 in my combat skill. Then i decided why not go to floor 101, but i saw that in my smapi console appeared a bunch of red lines with errors, so i went to bed to save, chose my profession and saved, closed the game and tried to open it again, when i open my save it kept loading forever and the console again was with a bunch of error lines.
    I believe that "All Professions" or "Skull Cavern Elevator" or even "SleeplessInStardew" mod are causing the error, since those are the ones i was "using" at the time.
    I'm playing on steam, with SV Expanded, and i'm already at 22 fall, so i'm really didn't expect to these mods cause error right now, since i have been playing with all of them all this time.

It's in portuguese, and basically says that the string of characters isn't in a correct format, and the error is in XML document (6067,6). I'm not very good at this...

[game] System.InvalidOperationException: Erro no documento XML (6067, 6). ---> System.FormatException: A cadeia de caracteres de entrada não estava em um formato correto.
    em System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
    em System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToSingle(String s)
    em Read102_Farmer_Patch1(Object isNullable, Boolean checkType, Boolean )
    em Read152_SaveGame_Patch1(Object isNullable, Boolean checkType, Boolean )
    em Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read153_SaveGame()
    --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
    em System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    em System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
    em StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass68_0.<getLoadEnumerator>b__0() na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:linha 1170
    em System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    em System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    [SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Erro no documento XML (6067, 6). ---> System.FormatException: A cadeia de caracteres de entrada não estava em um formato correto.
    em System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
    em System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToSingle(String s)
    em Read102_Farmer_Patch1(Object isNullable, Boolean checkType, Boolean )
    em Read152_SaveGame_Patch1(Object isNullable, Boolean checkType, Boolean )
    em Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read153_SaveGame()
    --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
    em StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__68.MoveNext() na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:linha 1183
    em StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) na C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:linha 357

[​IMG]

I would appreciate if someone could help me, thanks in advance.

I apologize if i misspell something.

Also i don't know if this would be the right place to ask for this kind of help.

Edit: i restored a earlier backup save, and apparently the game is working again... i guess i'll do what the last days again

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    • lopz0r

lopz0r Seal Broken

I'm a newbie in here, but i've fixed a few errors i've had on my own, i could try looking at it for you.
      You might need to provide us with a smapi log, follow the instructions in https://smapi.io/log/
      If possible, could you also upload your save file?

Tambem sou brasileiro, sou noob aqui nos forums mas ja arrumei alguns erros que aconteceram comigo, posso tentar ver se consigo arrumar o seu. Pra facilitar, segue essas instrucoes pra me dar o log do smapi pra ver seu eu consigo: https://smapi.io/log/
      Se possivel, envia tambem sua save file

• MatPerito

MatPerito Void-Bound Voyager

Here's my log: https://smapi.io/log/365006f1bd684e56ab6e772b83706347
        I kinda fixed it by using a old save backup and it loaded, but thanks for replying.
        Also my save file

Attached Files:

• lopz0r

lopz0r Seal Broken

Hmm there are no errors in that smapi log.
          Well, if it's working now, let's not touch it anymore. If you want, what you could do is save that backup somewhere safe just in case, then try reproducing the scenario again, go to floor 100, then go to 101.
          At this point, you said your SMAPI showed some errors, but you ignored, went to bed and closed the game, right? And then your save file wouldnt load after that.
          In order to pinpoint exactly what caused the save corruption, i'd need the SMAPI log of that event, which i dont think is in the latest log you had.