1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't Talk to Elliott or Willy?

Discussion in 'Support' started by leilacrystal, Aug 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi all, I recently updated my game to 1.3 and had some trouble talking to some characters. I've reinstalled the game and deleted all my mods, to no avail.

Basically, I can't get any dialogue out of Willy or Elliott unless it's in a cutscene. I can't even click on Willy, and Elliott can be clicked once but doesn't say anything. (The dialogue box never pops up, tho when I hover over him before clicking there's a little message bubble icon).

Here's a SMAPI log, if it helps? I didn't see anything useful there, but I don't know much.

I have two different save files, and I can't talk to these characters in either of them, so unless something is wrong with both save files, I don't know what else it could be. In one save, I get a cutscene with Willy about crabs, and in the other I get a cutscene about entering Elliott's house for the first time, but I can't talk to either of them beyond those cutscenes. It might be an event trigger gone wrong, I guess, but in that case I wouldn't expect to see the cutscenes.

Any help or similar issues?

• EverGreen Ted

EverGreen Ted Tentacle Wrangler

I have the same problem but with Leah instead.

No mods. What I did do was give Penny a bouquet the day before noticing the issue.

Maybe these facts are related?

• leilacrystal

I started a new save file and can talk to everyone, so it must be something off in my old save files.

I didn't give anyone a bouquet or anything like that, but it's been MONTHS since i played with either of these saves, so it's possible I'm at an event point with the characters and something is screwing that up. Or maybe they added something incompatible with my saves? I'm not sure at all.

Unfortunately I'm pretty clueless when it comes to editing save files myself. If anyone has advice that would be great!

Attached Files:

• EverGreen Ted

EverGreen Ted Tentacle Wrangler

After some days (same month still), I notice I can talk with Leah normally again.

Maybe check again?

• leilacrystal

Good idea! I was afraid of saving something off into my game if I continued for a few days, but now that I've backed up my save files, I'll probably just go for it.

Glad to hear yours got fixed!! Fingers crossed that it's the same fix for me~