1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Carry Warbanners Through Teleporters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by geekofalltrades, Jul 4, 2014.

1. geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

One of the most common and useless places for a Warbanner to spawn is on the teleporter as you're exiting a level, because all of the gold you've collected is converted to experience, which often levels you up. As per the thread title, if Warbanners could be carried through the teleporter to the next level, that could help alleviate that problem. The Warbanner would show up centered on the entrance-teleporter in the new level. The Warbanners would need to be carried through based on the time they spawned, rather than their proximity to the teleporter, to avoid (a) players running around after they hit the teleport and losing their banners, and (b) players camping the teleporter and spawning a bunch of banners on it, then carrying them all to the next level at the end of the event.

I frankly also feel that the Warbanner makes more sense as a use item with a long cooldown than as a passive item - that would be another way to eliminate the issue of Warbanners spawning uselessly on the teleporter. If you set a rule where there could only be X (pick a number) banners on the map at one time, or X banners belonging to any one player at a time, then you avoid players camping a level and laying down dozens of banners and becoming invincible. Laying down a new banner when you've gone over the limit just despawns the oldest banner.

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sounds good. What I'd love is to be able to move ANY warbanner. It absolutely sucks when a warbanner spawns on some obscure ledge because I killed an offscreen enemy and it leveled me up. Maybe when you are carrying a warbanner it's effect is nullified till it is set down?

• Leaf_It

Leaf_It Tentacle Wrangler

Warbanners are supposed to be very situational. They are very very good, but if you could move Any warbanner then they may as well just be a permanent upgrade to attack speed, damage, movement and armor. Having them go with you, If they spawn right as you are exiting a level, doesn't seem too unreasonable though.

• elipod

elipod Industrial Terraformer

With levelups becoming rare late game, while item drops more common, wouldn't it make sense, if any time you pick new warbanner item, you place another warbanner on the ground. I would prefer that mechanic, even if range increase from stacking be reduced/removed.

• Swannicus

Swannicus Void-Bound Voyager

I definitely agree with both the original suggestions and elipod's suggestion, any of them being implemented would make warbanner a much more fun item.