1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Castlevania 1.3.2

Objects ripped from Castlevania games + a few misc things

1. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

mastercookie submitted a new mod:

DecorationsMod - i should think of a better name

Read more about this mod...

2. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

I Really love this. Like, a lot.
    Would you be willing to make more decorations+furniture to add in your mod? I'd be willing to look for some sprites for you, too :)

3. mastercookie

thx for the review, and yeah im planning to update it with more pretty things
    feel free to submit paintings or other thingies, but its important that they look good in small res [40x32
    for example]
    currently i wanna add more castlevania stuff, since i love it a lot and there are lots of ripped sprites

4. mastercookie

hmmm, im not sure what u mean, the most common resolution for paintings is 40x32 (landscape) and 24x32 (portrait)
    for other stuff u may check mods or vanilla items to see how big they are. also the characters are approx. 16x32 (depends on the hair style and other things)
    but yeah 32pxl seems like a pretty common res :)

and castlevania stuff fit surprisingly well, the hardest part for me was adding paramaters, like making sure u can sit on a chair, sleep in the bed and so on.

5. mastercookie

mm these are nice, but im really not sure. for example there are plenty bottles in this mod http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/general-store.2683/ (also it got cool office stuff)
    as for the terraria stuff, i kinda like vanilla sb items more. and as for other things im not sure they'd fit into the mod.
    but thx for posting them, much appreciated :chucklefish:

6. mastercookie

7. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

That's in the outdated mods section, so as cool as it looks, I don't think it would be very safe to put into the current version of SB :(

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  8. mastercookie

no no, it's updated, i use it myself (it shouldnt really be in outdated)

also it looks like u got yr own mod going on :)
    ever thought of packing it together?

9. mastercookie

10. mastercookie

11. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Hello I just thought I would let you know that the dreamcatсherpainting is named wrong so it puts out an error. If I had to guess I would say one of the letters are in you're lingo and not english :) Just a guess

mastercookie likes this.
  12. mastercookie

hmm, i checked it and everything seems fine, no error in logs or anything. maybe u have a mod that has the same object name?

13. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Well here is what they where named before I fixed them dreamcatßherpainting

mastercookie likes this.
  14. mastercookie

aha i see, thx for the report, gonna fix

Crisium likes this.
  15. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Any time Brah, us modders need to look out for each other :)

16. mastercookie

17. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I've not seen any but that little thing, So I think it's all good brah

mastercookie likes this.
  18. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Hello again master-cookie I just wanted to share my opinion or idea.
    First off I want to say the mod looks great If you did the art my hats off to you as you are really good at it. If you just cut and pasted the textures from other games and so on, my hat is still off to you as you had to resize each thing then wright a object text for it and so on, still a lot of work. If you use gimp like myself this should be a real simple thing to do if you ever fill the need or even like the idea. A lot of the things don't really fit into the games color scheme the wood just seem to light. If you build things from stone I guess it would look ok, perhaps this was your aim from the start. However if you build thing like myself from metals and concrete there are only a few items you can use that don't stick out or clash with the background/foreground. PLEASE understand, by no mean am I saying I do not like the mod as I do greatly and I hope you continue to add and improve it. This is just a idea to kick around perhaps for latter updates or add-ons.
    As always Brah best of wishes to you and I hope you and yours are doing well.

19. mastercookie

well first of all, thx for the review
    all objects are from somewhere, the credits are on the overview page
    http://www.spriters-resource.com/ is a great help, but some objects were cut by me (using emulators and photoshop)

about the objects themselves:
    i do agree that some of the very first items look like crap, like for instance bookcase and cupboard from here http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy_advance/cvhod/sheet/26086/
    (u can see that they originally were brighter, i toned them down a bit)
    what items in particular u find out of place?

im planning of replacing or recolouring some things, but right now im focused on adding more stuff

20. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I could try and come up with some kind of list, but I'm not really sure how I would go about it. For this reason, you can never have all items match each tile set and if I was to pick it would just be my own opinion. I think the best thing would be to just leave it in you're hands as you know what your plans are as well as the aim or end goal of the mod. In the end you can't make everyone happy and I'm not going to ask you to set the tone of your mod based on my own preferences. But I do thank you for asking me as it is vary kind of you.