1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Causeless fatal error when you run Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dj_SansCat, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Dj_SansCat

Dj_SansCat Void-Bound Voyager

Hello. I want to ask you for help. I can't start Starbound, it gives an error on startup. I tried to do everything. Removed all mods, reinstalled the game, checked compatibility, but it's useless and still gives an error. Help me please.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install. This file should hold the necessary information about the issue you're encountering.

3. Dj_SansCat

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

I need the full log from the storage folder. The screenshot alone does not help much with this particular issue. :)

5. Dj_SansCat

Oh. pardon me. here. I hope this is what you need.

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

IIRC this issue is related to the discord overlay ingame. Try disabling it for starbound in your discord settings.

7. Dj_SansCat

Disabling the overlay did not resolve the fatal error issues. Even the complete removal of Discord changed nothing.

8. Dj_SansCat

I tried everything I could, but nothing helped. help me please

Attached Files:

9. Dj_SansCat

Hello and happy New year to you. I wanted to say that I found out the reason for my mistake. This was caused due to an error in my Windows and only by updating the Windows version to the latest one, I was able to get rid of the error and the game was able to function normally.
    But still, I wanted to say thank you for your help and I wanted to share how I managed to get rid of this error, so that others would be able to deal with it if they also encounter such an error.
    Thank you again. Your game Starbound is the best ^^

10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Marking as resolved.