REQUEST Change farm pond type from "fresh water" to "salt water"

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pukitaki, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Pukitaki

Pukitaki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love using crab pots, but let's face it... fresh water options are crap compared to salt water. The only place worth putting your pots is on the beach. But that has several issues for me, including aesthetic and convenience.

So, what I want to do is change the water type for the farm ponds. I figure it's not completely unreasonable, I can just pretend I've "seeded" the water and made a fish farm. People do crap like that all the time.

Anyone that has an idea how to accomplish this, I'd love input. For now, I'm just scouring the yaml and tbin files in the content folder, hoping I come across the bit that gets referenced for water type.

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

I took a look at the Farm Map and the Beach Map, the main difference I see that would effect what you catch in crab pots is in general what fish spawn in that location. So under your farm overall Map properties In TiDE, go to custom properties and then under the Fish section you need to add the fish that would normally caught in the ocean (If you open up the beach map you can copy all the fish from there). There's an ID number and then a decimal for each fish, the decimal being the catch rate I would assume. I've not actually tested it, but from what I looked at this SHOULD work.

• Pukitaki

I'm not familiar with TiDE, is it a specialty program for coding? I mostly just use generic programs like Notepad++, but am interested in upping my game.

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, you mentioned you were scouring the tbin files, so i assumed you were already familiar with map editing. TiDE is a free program that is used to edit tbin files, or maps. You can get the program here: http://tide.codeplex.com/releases , and here's the discussion thread about it: http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-map-editing-and-other-related-stuff.112279/

Honestly this isn't very hard, give yourself like 10 minutes of poking around and you should be able to do it. If you cant figure it out, let me know and I can do it for ya.

• Pukitaki

Nah, I'm familiar with modding in general, but still pretty new to Stardew Valley in particular. I was going through the code with a generic reader. I've messed with yaml files, and other file types, but not tbin, so I didn't know it had a proper editor. Thanks for that.

• avengedluvee

avengedluvee Aquatic Astronaut

btw if you don't want to look it up, here are the fish properties from the beach.

128 .08 129 .2 130 .1 131 .2 146 .15 147 .2 148 .18 149 .12 150 .2 151 .18 152 .25 154 .15 155 .08 166 .001

and if you want to ever get your farm back to the river farm fish:

142 .1 153 .25 166 .0005

edit: if you can't figure out how to work Tide, I can make the farm for you.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017