Change the Legendaries for the Stardew Valley Fair

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ikee2002, Mar 29, 2020.

1. ikee2002

ikee2002 Space Hobo

I just went through the wiki, and as a fishing-lover I was thinking of making a fishing-focused stall.

To my big dismay, I spent the time required to catch two legendary fishes for the fair, and I noticed some unfairness there. Mayor Lewis might hate fish, but this is an atrocity!

They are legendary fishes for crying out loud!

Examples follow in the spoiler tags:

All legendary fishes are worth 6/6/6/8 points for normal/silver/gold/iridum.

These are among the highest points there are out there, which is fine and all. HOWEVER.

Here is a list of fish that I caught in summer with 10 in fishing + a barbed hook with no input whatsoever. Meaning these were "free" no-skill fishes (points in parenthesis):

Rainbow Trout Iridium (7)
    Bream Iridium (7)
    Chub Iridium (7)
    Red Mullet Iridium (7)

Carp Irdirum (6)
    Sunfish Iridium (6)

And these I caught with a bit of luck and no input:

Flounder Iridium (8)

Compare this with the in game 3 hours (in a MP game) it took for me to catch the legend fighting over and over and over again.

Something is fishy when a carp caught with a barbed hook is worth as much as a Gold Quality Legend.

And the Flounder I caught with some luck and literally zero skills? Worth as much as an Iridium quality Legend.

My suggestion is to at *least* make the legendaries 6/8/8/8.

I realise 8 is the highest score and it miiight be a bit unfair to put them into 6/8/8/9, but that would be preferable.

On an unrelated note:

Has anyone ever caught an Iridium quality Legendary fish?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020