1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Change the location of the Floran and the Avians Plz

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MrPankeque, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MrPankeque

MrPankeque Poptop Tamer

Hey guys from Chucklefish because they do not change the avian and flower them to make a little more sense? They can change the Avian to the Gentle Stars because in these they appear deserts and their structure is related to it, and they Floran them to the radioactive stars in the jungles because that way it would have more sense that the florans come out because of the radioactivity. Plz fix it

P.S.I use google translate because I speak Spanish, so sorry for the inconsistencies in the text;)

2. x3notyp

x3notyp Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

the Avians are based on Maya or Aztec, not on Egypt, therefore jungle for them is ok. For Florans, forest and jungle can both be fitting because of their rich vegetation. In the origin of the Florans, radioactivity is not more involved than in any other species.

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

It would make sense to make Florans primarily spawn on jungle worlds and Avians primarily spawn on desert worlds... but it wouldn't work with the story.

Forest and desert planets are T2 planets, and Floran mission is a T2 mission. Jungle planets are T4 planets and Avian mission is a T4 mission. You can't move things around with messing up gameplay progression, or story flow. It's why we ended up with Apex on arctic worlds or Glitch on volcanic worlds - it doesn't really make much sense, but it has to be that way for the sake of gameplay progression.

Though for that matter, I do wish they made Glitch settlements spawn on scorched worlds instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2018
    STCW262 likes this.
  4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I mean, Apex on arctic worlds makes sense. Siberia, y'know. Glitch on volcanic worlds kinda work given how common of a fantasy trope "castle on the side of a volcano" is.

STCW262 likes this.