WIP Change Unit Strength?

Discussion in 'Custom Content' started by Werefoxz, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Werefoxz

Werefoxz Space Hobo

Has anyone found a way to modify the power of base units? I'm working on creating a Fire Emblem style campaign with perma death, and while I've found a way to carry over unit death between maps and do the permadeath system, I have yet to find a way to make the base units more powerful so I can use them as 'hero' units, other than just giving them a recurring heal every turn, which wouldn't be too bad if certain units didn't oneshot most early game units. Any suggestions?

• Monobogi

Monobogi Orbital Explorer

But... You dont need that to remake a war from fire emblem... While in fire emblem you only see a handful of soldiers, the truth is that there are so many more behind the scenes, and it would be even cooler to see a war from one of the games recreated as an actual war, and not some anime dudes slaying everyone of the opposing faction.

• Androconia

Androconia Void-Bound Voyager

Not really a way to make units in to hero units (I wish) but you CAN do some narration at the start of the game and tell people to set the level to a certain % damage reduction in the difficulty settings. It's not the best option as it kinda forces your heroes to level up all at the same time at the end of any match, it does allow your units to gradually feel stronger and take on more enemies.

• Fawxkitteh

Fawxkitteh Phantasmal Quasar

Well... I'm working on a zombie apocalypse kind of game.
          To make the player armies able to take on tons of zombies I just set their starting health lower.
          "zombies" as 18%, and players at 33%.
          Then to make the players "level up" I'm making it so their units start popping out at 45%.

Unfortunately the method I'm using involves setting a location at the barracks to check if a unit is there and set it to that % of health.
          Which means damaged units auto heal there, though that's not a problem since my map is massive and absolutely covered with enemies that out number the players like 30 to 1.

• Tutorial123

Tutorial123 Space Hobo

I haven't tried it yet, so don't take my word for it, but you could modify your heroes' health to more than 100%, giving them more health and potentially more attack power.
            Also, there aren't any regular troops behind the scenes in fire emblem games, the point is that each of your units is worth a bunch more of the enemy units.