Modding Help Changed the farm house interior to cherry word and such and it will not show up.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Vixxi, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

So as the title says, I made a new interior for the house and no matter what I do, it will not show up. I use the xnb node and pack the yaml with the new png and drop it into the right place in content. And when I load up the game, it's the exact same interior, no change in the wood color beds or anything I did. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I made some other mods today to craftables and it worked fine, so I don't think it's xnb node.

PS I've tried everything, from making 200% sure it was just a recolor, not a pixel out of place. Deleting the original farmhouse_tiles.xnb to make sure it replaced with mine, and nothing. I have no idea what could be wrong. And I know others have edited the house inside so I am so lost.

By the way, I did extract a modded house with little extra things in the kitchen. I do not remember who I got it from, but it is not mine. I was just modding this for personal use and would redo it with the original stuff if someone wants this color scheme.

Below is the .png I edited in case there is something wrong with it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

Are you totally sure you're editing the right file? There are quite a few redundant files in the game. I'm not sure what file you should be editing but you might wanna take a quick look around and make sure there aren't any other farmhouse tile xnbs.

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I think that worked! I also made double sure to use the yaml from the main one instead of the one in maps. Thank you for your help!

• blargsnarf

No problem! Keep that in mind if you edit anything else, there're a lot of red herrings and dead ends left in the files from older versions of the game.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Quick note - that fireplace in farmhouse_tiles won't be the one that will be in upgraded houses. Those are in the towninterior (AND THAT THING IS JUST A HUGE MESS.) Anything you edit in there, however, does show up in other places.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

So many old extra files CA needs to tidy up the files for the game.

taintedwheat likes this.
              • taintedwheat

what also sucks is that all these old files are not the same size sprites that are currently being used in game so the transition between the two for editing sucks bawls

Superior_s likes this.
                • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Haven't ran into that issue but I haven't done much editing on things.

• taintedwheat

I just came across them trying to find the right one to open and edit >___>;;;; Especially to come up with little items to plop onto to furniture i changed up

i just really wished everything didn't have the same name omg

Vixxi and Superior_s like this.
                    • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I've unpacked all of the Content folder and have looked at all of the pngs there's a shit ton of old unused stuff in it.

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • taintedwheat

haha, yeah, seriously, but they're not very pretty.

Superior_s likes this.
                        • blargsnarf

They are from previous iterations of the game. A lot of the screenshots that come up on Google reflect this earlier art style. Kinda wish CA removed them from the game, though, it's all added data people don't need to download.

Vixxi, Superior_s and taintedwheat like this.
                          • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you for all the help guys!

Yeah, I looked into it and finally found the files I was looking for. That was a pain in the my backside. I wanted to change all the light wood to a darker red one and I'm okay with it showing up in other places. I'm just not a fan of all the brown and yellow tones strewn through out the menus and buildings.

taintedwheat likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

oh dude, holy hell, me neither. what would be sick if there was some kind of system that could just let the player decide those boarders. it's like why did you use the cheapest wood to be the furnishings for every where?!?!

its also the ugliest wood in real life too, x____x;;; i live in farm country (sonoma/napa (redwood trees all day like your house) rn now and never seen anyone use that shade.

Vixxi likes this.
                              • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I know right? I mean, I understand warm tones of wood, brown, yellow and orange, but this just looks like fake wood. In real life I hate it too.

For me it's white wash, birch, mahogany or my personal favorite, cherry wood, because it also smells fantastic.

I'm going to put up my wood color changing and border (including menu stuff, because ew) mods up. I wasn't sure if others cared, but since you do and I do too, there are probably others who would like it as well.

taintedwheat likes this.