Changing the water color of the fish pond

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Bluhens, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Bluhens

Bluhens Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. I want to recolor the water on the new fish pond to be a sea-green color, but I opened the xnb and simply recoloring the tiles (which are white) doesn't work. I think the water animation tiles are being shared on another file. Does anyone know which one it could be?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I'm using a semi-custom recolored map with green water so I just want it to match. I'm going to try recoloring the ocean tiles to see if it changes anything.

If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Pond coloring is handled in code and will require a SMAPI mod to change. I am currently working on a mod to make that process easier.

minervamaga likes this.
      • Bluhens

Bluhens Void-Bound Voyager

Aw man, I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me cause I would've been messing with so many files trying to change it.
        That sounds awesome! I'll keep an eye out for when it's finished :D

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

I've released Pond Painter and also uploaded some example packs (one that I've been using and another that is purely an illustration of the different options.) If all you want to do currently is change the base pond color it should be pretty easy to set up by referencing the example pack & using a generic tag like "category_fish", but feel free to ask if you have questions.

hatmouse likes this.