1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Character moves very slightly when swinging a weapon

Discussion in 'Support' started by InsanityComplex, Mar 20, 2016.

1. InsanityComplex

InsanityComplex Void-Bound Voyager

While fairly minor, whenever you swing a weapon, or a tool such as the scythe, your character very subtly shifts in the direction the weapon is being swung. Spam click with an item such as the scythe, and eventually you will begin to notice.

I don't know if that's intentional or not, but it seems a bit off, and it's a fairly hard to notice thing, but now that I've noticed it I can't un-see it, and it's bound to get a little distracting.

I am a little worried that it might be only the player's sprite changing, and not the collision box (which could slowly lead to some weird errors over time), but I don't know enough about how the game deals with sprites and stuff to tell for certain.

If you want to try and replicate this behavior just equip a scythe or sword, and spam-click it in a direction.

• kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

im pretty sure its intentional and also i think its ok the way it is

• Espertori

Espertori Void-Bound Voyager

I mean, you wouldn't stand perfectly upright when you swing a weapon or tool, would you?

• InsanityComplex

InsanityComplex Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, thinking about it it does kinda make sense. Probably just my nit-picky nature showing through a little.
          I suppose it's one of those things where even if it is a bug, it's one of those rare occasions where it actually makes sense in-game!