NPC Character NPC

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by jjzthemanz, Aug 2, 2015.

1. jjzthemanz

jjzthemanz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had an Idea when visiting a planet one of my other characters was over, and I thought. "wouldn't it be cool to talk you my other character" Then I came here and suggested this. When your character visits a planet and you save and quit there and go there with another character you could be able to see them. And talk to them. Maybe that's not possible, but you could have them be in the outpost maybe.

Purpose:
    Civilian(Ultimately useless gives advice or tips occasionally)
    Or
    Trader, could trade items that they picked up. Just for easier trade between characters I guess.

Phrases/Activity:
    What does your NPC say/do? this is a broader explanation of its real purpose in the game For example:
    When you press e on it your other character will say. "You look familiar, I think I've seen you before."

Pictures;Visuals: Looks like your character you designed.

Anyways, I thought this might be a cool feature.

2. Jety Lefr

Jety Lefr Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be a super fun thing to do. And I imagine... (based entirely on my lack of programming skills) that it might not be too difficult to add an NPC into the outpost that is only available when the player has multiple characters, and that it would borrow the character model from a random character not in use.

That would be really really awesome! But I wouldn't want more than one, because it'd be fun to see a different one on occasion, and it would be too crowded with all of them.
    Getting them to appear at their last co-ordinates sounds really challenging and not as fun/worth the effort.

3. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Yeah, identity crisis !! \o/
    Okay seriously, it seem complicated to do but it could be a great thing. :)