1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Character Re-Customization Needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BrendanatorX, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Hands up if you want this in the game!

1. *Puts hand up*

97.1%
  2. *Sits quietly*

2.9%
  1. BrendanatorX

BrendanatorX Void-Bound Voyager

With the vast technological advances in Starbound at present, friendly barbers should be old news.
    Plastic surgery should be a thing of the past.
    There should be technology that allows its user to reconstruct their genes to allow for a different skin or hair color or to shape your hair the way you want it.

What's that? People don't even know what a haircut is? everyone looks the same forever?

Chucklefish, come on.. The universe needs diversity on a daily basis. Please allow us to re-customize our characters.

2. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have been screaming about this for the past century. Literally, every game like Starbound (i.e. Minecraft, Terraria, etc.) have a way to allow you to alter your character's features, so why doesn't Starbound have it? I'm a 100% sure everyone would love if this was added.

(Also, I'm p sure this should've been posted in the Suggestion Forum. Perhaps you should just delete this and post the thread again in the Suggestion Forum.)

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, not sure why this isnt already a thing. Could just be a simple as adding a barber npc to the outpost.

4. BrendanatorX

5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, body modification should be easy as all hell given the fact that Starbound takes place at least 500 centuries in the future. I mean, besides the natural advancement of human technology, the influx of new ideas and concepts from other species would have given technology a major boost, and such modification doesn't even seem that far-off right now. Re-customization should definitely be in the game.

On a side-note, I headcanon this and the prominence of human culture due to the Protectorate as the reason for Starbound's...rather weird design decision regarding the female character models for non-humans.

STCW262 likes this.
  6. Kajima

Kajima Phantasmal Quasar

Surprised this isn't a thing yet.

If there's a mod for this, a link for it would be nice.

7. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

I most definitely want this feature! Here's hoping CF makes it happen ^_^

8. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

I remember those chairs in Animal Crossing that basically styled your hair based on some settings that the poodle earlier typed in as soon as you took a seat. Not sure why a Furry Universe has those but Starbound hasn't.

9. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Know barbers from GTA V? Those who can turn you into an afro-american when you have no hair at all

10. BrendanatorX

Barbers would be a great start, but we need more than just haircuts to be honest.

Nobody has come up with a mod for this yet unfortunately.

Kajima likes this.
  11. Momopovich

Momopovich Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be nice of course, but tbh with all those helmets and stuff i rarely see the face of my character

12. LadyRavenSkye

LadyRavenSkye Lucky Number 13

I would really like for this to be a thing. I picked some nasty hair for my Novakid, it looked nice in the thing, but the clipping is eye-gore worthy when I put on some gear.

13. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I truly agree! There is a lack of beards in the character customization imo :sparta:

14. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Beards would then be a human only thing, and maybe Apex too. But now that I think about it, having Florans have tufts of grass or flowers as beards would be cool, maybe the Novakids could have a darker haze where the beard is meant to be, etc. etc.

maestro kitty and Sir_Djak like this.
  15. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Again I have to totally agree with you! Stop throwing all the good ideas :V!

Witch Cat likes this.