REQUEST Checklist with Custom Items

Discussion in 'Mods' started by greatsaga, Oct 25, 2017.

1. greatsaga

greatsaga Void-Bound Voyager

I am already aware that Dynamic Checklists mod exists, and I have tried it out (had to download the updated mod from the pull request as I am using SMAPI 2). However, the mod does not do what I wish it did. What I want is a checklist system that allows me to create a reasonable amount of checklist items that I can manually check off myself when they are completed. I do this currently with a notebook, but it would be nice not to waste paper doing it and to be able to do it within the game.

Heck, lets take this one step further by allowing you to select a "goal" date by which you want to have said task done - this would be for tasks that cannot be done within one day, such as "Get 7 hearts with Lewis" or something, though it might be hard to estimate completion time.

Nested items would be nice as well, allowing the creation of a more complex checklist like "Complete some bundle" with a sub-checklist of items needed for said bundle.

It's astonishing to me that I haven't found a mod that does this, I can't possibly be the only one who wants something like this.

Tinybillow and HopeWasHere like this.
    • Warilized

Warilized Scruffy Nerf-Herder

woah this is interesting idea...

I also need this, but it's nice if it also have dynamic checklist function...
      maybe the "Dynamic Checklist" can be upgraded?

• Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm on board for this, I already use Dynamic Checklists, just to keep forgetting to water some random crops, tells me crops are ready... which I like a lot, but there is a lot left to be desired in that mod. It's also kinda buggy. (like if you exit to title, the checklist is duplicated, the floating button is visible during cut scenes, etc)

HopeWasHere likes this.
        • greatsaga

greatsaga Void-Bound Voyager

I do like the idea of the Dynamic Checklist mod, though personally I don't think I need it in its current form. It might be a good idea to just upgrade the Dynamic Checklist mod to accommodate custom checklist items as well, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch since the mod already implements a checklist system. But I am unsure if the mod dev has any intention of doing so.

Warilized likes this.