1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Cheerful Giraffe server issue

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Kalec's Host, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Kalec's Host

Kalec's Host Space Hobo

--- Post updated ---
    Oh, and running Starbound - Unstable
    --- Post updated ---
    Wow, I don't use forums much so when I tried to add some info, I guess I messed up the main part of the original post.

After updating to Cheerful Giraffe, I was unable to launch the server due to some missing dll files. I dug around and found that Visual C++ was goofy, so I updated that and I was back in business. Now the server launches, however, it hangs on the highlighted portion of the attached image. Hoping someone out there has run up against this issue and has some pointers for me? Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

Hi,

The log seems fine to me... did you try connecting to it, either locally or over the internet?

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I don't see any log issues either. What have you tried and where are you running into issues?

That's not what this thread is about. Please make your own thread instead of piggybacking onto another.

4. thijsties

thijsties Yeah, You!

I'm sure it's related though. Me and my friends can't seem to get a dedicated remote server to work. I think the windows server executable might be broken, as I've only seen mention of a linux machine succesfully running a server

5. Kalec's Host

Kalec's Host Space Hobo

I've tried the local connect and after locking up briefly, the game gives me a failed to connect message. Since I started hosting this server, I've never seen that highlighted line look like that before.
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for letting me know. Helps to hear that maybe I'm not the only one and it may not be just my own ineptitude at work...
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok! I did some more reading on the forums and in another thread someone else had my same issue. The problem was after the update, server config was reset so that a particular bind was listening for IPV6, instead of IPV4. Changed that little " to a * and I was back in business. Thanks for your comments everyone!

Usiemon likes this.
  6. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your fixed worked for me! Thanks OP!

@Dunto I wasn't trying to "piggyback" or hijack the thread. I was legitimately trying to see if we were having the same problem. Now that I see their fix also worked for me, I see that we were having a similar problem.