1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Chest Drop Rebalancing - Command Artifact and Otherwise

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dargona1018, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

So, after about 20 runs, I have now figured out that the rebalancing has unbalanced command in all sense of the word.

Now, in the beginning, you can expect to get 2x more greens than whites, even though whites are arguably needed more (almost all healing, also proc stacks, attack speed, move speed, evade chance, snare chance, etc etc). Reds show up every once in a while, but is barely ever there in the beginning or at the end (especially evident in looping). Then, Use Items spawn over half the time in every single run since the original update (Loader and Chef), even though you only need a possible total of 3 use items to use in the whole run.

To get the whites you need, you will need a shitload of 56 Leaf Clovers and spend over an hour to get enough elites, and that isn't a good idea.

I suggest that we go back to them being tiers instead of a rigged system of getting more greens than whites, and having use items be so common.
    We should keep it as White - Green/Orange - Red. It's the way that the game is supposed to be like.

The Lem likes this.
    • Dunto

Dunto Guest

Moved to Suggestions.

Dargona1018 likes this.
      • gufufu

gufufu Space Hobo

i didnt know that that was a thing
        with the rebalancing
        but it makes sense now
        Bandit: I DON'T WANT YOU'RE STUPID FEATHER I WANT THEM STEROIDS
        Hopoo: But you have needles all over your body, and you're starting to lose a lot of blo-
        Bandit: I AM GOING TO SMACK YOU RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME THOSE SYRINGES
        Hippo: Hey man, calm dow-
        Bandit: I HAVE A COOL HAT NOW GIVE ME THE NEEDLES
        Also this post means that I've posted on every thread on the front page of right now :lickitung:

Dargona1018 likes this.
        • Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Yea, I agree with this.

It's terrible annoying that, at least in Command, you are given mostly greens, the ones where you can't truly stack to good use.
          The only time I got enough whites was after I had all the Clovers I could get, and had 300 barbed wire . . . . . .

But truly, I see that it might help for the regular game, but whites is where all the healing is, all the sustainable items, and now the Hopoo Gods aren't wanting us to be sustained.